This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Watched Pitch Perfect 2 last night. Really enjoyed it. It’s just like the first one - light, an easy watch and funny. Not much to it and that’s exactly what I needed.
    Just finished watching the first one.

In a real can't concentrate mood at the moment so chucked it on and it still makes me chuckle after so many watches.

Comment

Avengers: Infinity War

Hot damn.

The ending had been ruined online for me. I say ruined, but at the time I didn't really care because I'd stopped watching Marvel films. Even worse, I actually saw the ending on telly over xmas! Again, I was still in my no-Marvel phase so no big deal.

Now we've been watching the films in the run-up to Captain Marvel/End Game, I regret my blasé attitude.

Of course they'll all come back somehow(depending on their contracts) but it was still a pretty hardcore ending for a superhero film. And so quiet. I really wish I'd seen it in the cinema. I'd have loved to see the entire theatre bathed in orange.

Hereditary

Hot damn.

The horror aspects are all present and correct but, on top of that that, there's a sense of dread running throughout the whole film that just never lets up. Lingering shots don't end with a typical scary surprise to release the tension so that, too, lingers. Alongside the supernatural element is a deeply human one - the mourning process - which benefits from Toni Collette's outstanding acting abilities.

This is one of three films I felt mentally exhausted while watching(the other two were World War Z and Mad Max Fury Road).

Comment

Rocky
        The rewatch road begins, still love the little touches in this film and it's still one of the best three of the eight

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grimwald

At this point it's safe to say the HP franchise contains more crap entries than good ones. Man, what an utter drudge of a film. Put the series out of its misery

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          Avengers: Infinity War

Hot damn.
          In relation to your spoiler, yeah, it was totally unexpected and everyone shuffled out a bit numb. It was an amazing experience for me.

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          Hereditary

Hot damn.

This is one of three films I felt mentally exhausted while watching(the other two were World War Z and Mad Max Fury Road).
          We have this to watch, but agree with Mad Max being exhausting. There's a bit where the truck drives off into the night and there's a slight pause and I had to get my breath back!

The other one was The Raid. Phenomenal.

Comment

A Good Day to Die Hard
            No likey, couldn't really get into this from the start and from the moment Bruce hit that Russian Motorist I thought this is all wrong. As an action film I thought was average but it didn't feel like a Die Hard film at all, silly, silly plot. Driving to Chernobyl for example, surviving without proper protective gear. The Hollywood producers must be living in la la land.
            1/10.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              In relation to your spoiler, yeah, it was totally unexpected and everyone shuffled out a bit numb. It was an amazing experience for me.
              Yeah I’ve never quite experienced anything like that at the cinema before. I had my nephew with me that evening and he looked shell shocked.

Comment

Ant-Man

We started watching Ant-Man & The Wasp but ten minutes in we realised we'd forgotten everything about Ant-Man so watched that instead

Great fun. Michael Peña was a hoot and the Thomas the Tank Engine scene was still hilarious(and I still hate that they put it in the trailer).

Comment

Glad to see Hereditary getting the thumbs up here... Great innit.

Comment

Ant-Man & The Wasp

We really enjoyed this.

Captain Marvel

Wicked. Samuel L Jackson’s effects were incredible. The soundtrack was great, too(Just A Girl!). We thought she was a bit overpowered but I guess that’s what you need to fight misogyny.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      Glad to see Hereditary getting the thumbs up here... Great innit.
                      There’s horror imagery in there that will stay with me for a while but the sadness is front-and-centre.

Comment

Die Hard With A Vengeance on Friday night. Probably my favourite Die Hard.

Lucy last night. It's so bobbins but ScarJo is and Morgan Freeman is just great.

Comment

Bambi
                          Both myself and the missus thought Bambi's mum became hunters dinner much earlier in the film. It's more of a day in the life of the character than I remembered it being, the film mostly being curious because it embodies everything Disney would never catch themselves making these days.

Rocky II

Still feels like the second half of a single film more than one in its own right but it's also still another of the top three entries.

Upgrade
                          It was only positive word on here that led us to give this a try and the missus has very little time for sci-fi led stuff but this quickly won us over. It's kind of weird watching not-quite-Tom Hardy fight bad guys through out of his control powers in coordination with a questionable voice in his head that he talks to and the film not be Venom starring actual Tom Hardy but this was a nicely made film and Whannell deserves a shot at directing something larger scale just like cohort Wan has had twice to much success now (even noticed the tiny nod to Wan in the film)

Escape Plan 2: Hades
                          The first film was... okay, mostly sold on the idea of Arnie and Sly being together properly in a film. This sequel (and the upcoming third film) are Stallone's Chinese funded follow ups that make out there's a larger conspiracy at work. Nowhere near as complicated as the first and it makes some full on sci-fi tech jumps that are just bizarre. They have Stallone in a chunk of it as well as Dave Bautista but aside from those think of this as a fairly slick direct to dvd follow up.

Comment

Yeah, I really enjoyed Upgrade, but I quite like fairly small-scale sci-fi-tinged adventures.

I planned to watch Ghost in the Shell anime followed by Ghost in the Shell movie (as it's on Netflix, although I'd prefer the 3D version), but I fell asleep halfway through the anime, so gave up and went to bed.

Comment

GitS is the one I'm working on at work atm, curious how that one will pan out

Comment

I watched Attack the Block last night. Loved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X