Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember my Bro getting a VHS in the early 90s of a really terrible Terminator rip off. I have never seen it since for the want of trying. I'm beginning to think i dreamed it. Your post above at least tells me that BS films like that exist and maybe it was real.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      If you've not seen it, set the timer on your toploader!

It is indeed time to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.

Absolutely class film!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        It is indeed time to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
        They still have Wicker Men at Ingleby Barwick.

Comment

There’s always a spot reserved for you mate.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            They still have Wicker Men at Ingleby Barwick.
            It that the weekend after the Hartlepool H'Angus the Monkey festival?

Comment

It that the weekend after the Hartlepool H'Angus the Monkey festival?
              Feeling a bit nervous?

Comment

Wanted was on netflix actually quite funny when I think about it.

Comment

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
                  I've not seen this in ages, but I'd been chatting about it with mates and wanted to put it on again.
                  I'd forgotten how ace the directing an editing is - it looks ace and unique throughout.
                  It's hard to get past how much of a douche that Scott is, even after his eventual maturity:
                  Let me preface this by stating that I love Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Edgar Wright had me at the 8-bit intro over the Universal logo. Yes, I am that shallow. Plus, it has Legend of Zelda sound ef…

It's really hard to like him for a lot of the movie.

I remember seeing it at the cinema and wishing there was more fighting, but the scenes with Matthew Patel and Lucas Lee's stunt doubles are great, and the final battle also has a fair bit of action. The fighting is handled by Jackie Chan Stunt Team graduate, Brad Allan (Kingsman), so it's in safe hands. There's some nice Extras footage of him testing Matthew's fight rig that let him "fly" around the fight.

Edgar Wright has posted a series of Chan gifs on Twitter before, so I'd love to see him take on a straight(er) martial arts film.

So it was great to revisit without the weight of expectation from when I first saw it, but still find Cera's lead is tough to support.

At the cinema, I remember seeing Brandon Routh for the first time since Superman, but rewatching it, there are loads of Superheroes in it!

It stars Captain America, The Human Torch (Evans), Superman (Routh), Captain Marvel (Larsen), The Punisher (Jane), Robin (Cera) and Huntress (Winstead)!

[MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] pointed out Ruth played Atom too, but there are even more superhero links:
                  From Superman to Captain Marvel and from Robin to Huntress, 2010's Scott Pilgrim vs. the World may have the best of comic book movie actors, ever.

I love Edgar Wright, he's ace.
                  I should point out that today is the 20th Anniversary of Spaced starting on Channel 4.

Comment

It's really hard to like him for a lot of the movie.
                    And Ramona too. And this is really my core problem with the movie. I love the look, the feel, the whole vibe but those characters are just awful. It worked so much better for me in book form and I think it's simply because I was able to project charisma on to the characters because the drawings are nice. They aren't better people, it's just easier to forgive in a drawing. But I really actively disliked the characters in the movie.

Comment

Their first date is really odd - she goes from frosty and sarcastic until she then wants sex.
                      Woah, what happened there?

The actors don't seem to have much chemistry either.

Comment

I've been watching all kinds of **** on netflix.

But really, one of the biggest piles of **** I've seen was a movie called "The Killers" with Ashton Kutcher, Katie Heigal and Burt Reynolds.
                        It was so so bad, from the plot, to the editing to the acting (god Kutcher was so wooden).
                        I'm not even entirely sure what genre it was trying to be.

I stumbled across this after watching another one called Mr Right, with Anna Kendrick and Sam Rockwell which was ok actually, if a little low rent. This revealed an entire collection of movies, which there are enough of to actually be considered a genre.

Rom-Com but the love interest is actually secretly an assassin or Spy.
                        Com-Cov-Com (Romantic Covert Comedy)

Ass-Rom-Com?

Comment

Probably wanna be careful searching for that last one...

Comment

Between Two Ferns: The Movie

I actually haven't finished it yet, but I'm sure the last half-hour will be as great as the bit before.

Some of the questions Zach asks are hilarious, and I love the misspelling of each actor's name(Keanu Reefs, H.Lee Seinfeld).

Comment

I watched THE BELKO EXPERIMENT a few nights back. Film4 and looked interesting.

Written by James Gunn. Quite a recent film.

Was it good? Hmmmm. Started off kinda OK but went south. Maybe I'm jaded? It's...interesting.

It's just not satisfying enough, in the end. But an admirable effort, I'd say tape it and watch it when you're down to your Budweisers.

6.17/10

Comment

The Emporer's New Groove
                                First time seeing this since it first release 19 years ago and... still bottom tier Disney. Largely sums up why the company was in such a bad state back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X