This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Paddington 2 - Love it, love it, love it, love it. At the end I think my allergies were playing up because my eyes were watering. Harry thought it was great too.
    the Paddington films are great!

Comment

I was going to mention Russell Crowe's embarrassing contribution to The Mummy but I thought it was just better to try to forget the whole thing.

Comment

Rise of the Guardians
        In our efforts to keep finding new stuff for the kids to watch led us to this which was, to be honest, better than expected.

Comment

Yeah Rise of the Guardians is cool.

Just watched Killing Gunther on Netflix. Hilarious.

Comment

I watched Zombieland last night. When I first saw it 10 years ago I was kind of so-so about it ... probably the environment I saw it in (mates, chatter, etc) ... but recently (probs with talk of the sequel) I've been thinking about it and really wanting to revisit it. So glad I did too. I was wrong about it. It's a brilliant film. I always harp on how my fave thing about zombie films is how the apocalypse allows you to have the place to yourself and do things you couldn't in a normal situation. Zombieland takes this as it's foundation.

I also love how the rules keep on delivering great moments too. Creatively revisiting them. Brilliant. Just tremendous fun all the way

Comment

Saw Frozen 2 today and really enjoyed it. A strong movie with a touch of depth to it. Seemed to be a record amount of songs but the song sequences were surprisingly entertaining. I especially liked that...

It had no villain in any traditional screenwriting sense.

There are not many movies that share that trait and every screenwriting book hammers home the importance of doing that which they didn’t do. And yet a few rare great movies have gone that same route.

Comment

Been away for the weekend so haven't had chance to watch The Irishman yet ... but we did watch Toy Story 4. Absolutely brilliant. Looking at the credits it looks like they had a whole new team on the film and as a result if felt really fresh, exploring new ideas where I didn't expect many. It can stand shoulder to shoulder with and for the others imo. The evolution of the visuals is incredible too.

Comment

The Man From UNCLE

Funny and stylish, with a few scenes that had me crying from laughter. Actual tears. Guy Ritchie on top form.

Zombieland

Third time seeing this. First time was at the cinema, then again a few years ago. Once more in preparation for...

Zombieland 2

Decided to give 4DX a whirl. It helped that this was a comedy because there was a lot of unnecessary seat movement (pretty much every time the camera moved, even for small things like panning). The film was decent, and it was nice seeing everyone again.

The Shining

A recent trailer for Doctor Sleep reminded me that I’d never seen this, so I finally did last night. Finally. Can you believe a cool guy like me hadn’t seen it? You already know it’s great, so not much to say. I started watching the 2.5 hour US version on Hulu but switched to the shorter 2 hour European cut on Netflix which looked so much better. Nicholson was fantastic.

Comment

Christmas Movie #1: The Santa Clause

Comment

The Irishman - Brilliant film. Some serious talent at the top of their game. I just wish I could be less distracted by the de-aging cgi.

Zombieland - Watched it again, this time with one of my boys who totally loved it too.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        a cool guy like me
                        Can concur.

Comment

This weekend I watched Pitch Perfect 3. It’s okay. It’s funny enough but it’s no Pitch Perfect 1 or 2. Mainly because they seemed to be unable to commit to either making it different or making it exactly the same and, honestly, they probably would have been better off making it exactly the same.

Also watched Star Wars. The first one. Which is still a fantastic movie but watching it on DVD with the special edition is like going to a restaurant and getting a good, if no-fuss meal, and then the waiter comes and squeezes decades-old ketchup all over it before you get to eat it. The CG stuff is way more dated than anything made in the ‘70s. Some of the effects clean ups aren’t so bad (although even the amended ship shots now really stand out as old CG) but basically anything actually added is utterly terrible. The sooner Disney get an original version of this film out the better.
                          Last edited by Dogg Thang; 08-12-2019, 09:54.

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] Check out 4K77, it's the original film in 4K. There's also a 1080p version. It's based on a colour corrected scan of an original reel.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] Check out 4K77, it's the original film in 4K. There's also a 1080p version. It's based on a colour corrected scan of an original reel.
                              Thanks, I'll have to look that one up.

I watched Empire yesterday, the least dicked about with of the bunch (dreading Jedi, which is an unholy mess). Empire is a good film.

Comment

Pacific Rim Uprising. About half way in, what even is this movie it's terrible. The first one was what it was, if you could get past the terrible movie the graphics and robots were good. But this is like all the worst things about that movie magnified and borefied.

Comment

Working...
                                X