• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    How was the new Ralph?
    It was okay. Wouldn't watch again.

Comment

Krull One of the best movies EVER and so overlooked and underrated its untrue . Also James Horner music score it utterly incredible

Comment

Watched Krill on TV yesterday. I remember watching it when I was really young and it scared the absolute **** out of me.

Comment

Yeah, I've recorded it off the Horror channel like I'm JazzFunk.

Comment

I watched Mama last night and really enjoyed it. A good classic style ghost movie - creepy where it needed to be while actually having a story to tell too.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Watched Krill on TV yesterday. I remember watching it when I was really young and it scared the absolute **** out of me.
              It was thanks to watching the film in 89 while in Junior School, that I 1st saw this film Back in those days our headmaster would play films during Christmas period, for the class/standard, So while all the girls were screaming over the Spider and Slayer effects, I was loving all the Bob Keen and Nick Maley effects.

The film really showed what a British crew could, great British acting as well

Comment

Seems wasteful to restart the thread for the new year with such a low post count so retitled to its real title instead

Comment

I watched The Irishman in two parts. It was okay. For me, it didn’t have a strong enough line through the story so it felt like they could have lost an hour from it and nobody would have noticed or it might have even been stronger. The effects were weird and I found myself distracted by DeNiro’s eyes, which had some sort of glaze over them like someone from the intro to the original Resident Evil 2.

Comment

Dumbo. The new one. It was ok. I appreciated the way they got the original out of the way inside 40 minutes, and the rest concentrated on the next chapter. The effects were decent and the world building had a Bioshock Art Deco feel to it, which I loved. Enjoyed it, and the original is one of my top 3 Disneys.

The Lion King. Also the new one. Bar a few semi-amusing nods (Beauty and the Beast being one), this was practically a facsimile of the animation. As such, I enjoyed it, but it always felt like it lacked a drop of magic. Workmanlike rather than inspired. The effects are astonishing, though.

Comment

We watched the original Lion King last night. I can't remember what it was I liked about it so much.

Comment

That hot Nala chick with the come-on eyes?

Comment

I've watched Dr No, From Russia with Love and Goldfinger. Love those suits, they are sick. I'm not a massive fan of the high waisted trousers in Dr No but that grey 3 piece in Goldfinger is the GOAT.

Oh and the cocktail cuffs on the Turnbull and Asser shirts in Dr No, perfection.gif

Comment

The suit Connery wears at the stud farm in Goldfinger is still available from the original tailor in London. It’ll set you back well over £2000 though...
                            If my lottery numbers come up I’ll be on the phone to them!

Comment

Vanishing Point
                              Didn't make it all the way through really, the set up is good but the execution has aged too much really. The flashbacks don't really reveal much that's of interest and as a car chase film it's pretty dull.

The Godfather

I actually sat and made it through, I think this is the first time I've ever watched the film and enjoyed it to a reasonable extent. I'd be lying if I said I saw in it the level of love many others do but it was a fine enough experience.

Comment

Watched the gentlemen today

Actually really enjoyed it and laughed at lots of it especially the pig scene, Hugh grant was awesome as was Colin farrell

Just loved it and it for me is well up there and as good as snatch in the list of the best guy Ritchie movies

Comment

Working...
                                X