Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fillum is Captain Marvel. Very neat.

Comment

I might be wrong but in either the film or Endgame has anyone called her Captain Marvel yet? I can't recall it which would kind of make them the longest superhero origin story going

Comment

Good point. I can’t remember!

Equally pressing, though:

Captain Wad or Captain Wadn’t?
        [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]

Comment

Watched Blood and Black Lace last night. Very classy early giallo that must have set the blueprint for many others. Gorgeous colours and lighting make it a treat for the eyes ... as do the set-pieces and locations, with their gaudy mannequins and secret rooms. Nothing could knock Deep Red off its perch as my fave giallo but it's a brill watch and must have caused quite a stir back in the mid 60s.

Comment

Watched One Cut of the Dead again yesterday.

It's just brilliant!!!

Comment

Watched Free Solo again last night. We'd seen it a little while back but my son asked to watch it again as it's on Nat Geo on Disney+ and just like the first time the sweaty palms kicked in straight away and didn't let up. It's more terrifying than any horror film. Alex Honnold is maybe the only person on earth equipped mentally (and physically, obviously) to do what he does. His view is there are other things just as dangerous but the difference is the size of the margin for error ... there basically isn't one when you attempt something like free climbing El Cap (something no one else has even attempted) ... you basically have to be perfect for 4 hours solid or you die.

It's an amazing watch. The guy is literally super human. Incredible.

Comment

What he said. Brilliant film, and absolutely real-life terrifying in parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Watched Blood and Black Lace last night. Very classy early giallo that must have set the blueprint for many others. Gorgeous colours and lighting make it a treat for the eyes ... as do the set-pieces and locations, with their gaudy mannequins and secret rooms. Nothing could knock Deep Red off its perch as my fave giallo but it's a brill watch and must have caused quite a stir back in the mid 60s.
                  I've seen pretty much all the old giallos but have curiously never seen B&BB...though I DID see his old video nasty BLOOD BATH AKA TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE. That was loads of fun and extreeeemely messy for such an old film, it's great. Need to watch DEEP RED again, I've got that old PROFONDO ROSSO version that used to be in every Blockbuster budget rack back in 2002. Need to rewatch TENEBRE, too!

I watched RAIN MAN again last night, first time since I saw it at the flicks in 1989. Bar some lovely cinematography, fantastic vintage cars, great Dustin Hoffman acting and Tom Cruise being ICONIC Tom Cruise in this....it's really bland. I was drifting off in parts. It's still a decent, archetypal tearjerky Hollywood classic but I've probably seen far too many films since to find it that novel anymore.

But that bit where they're coming down the escalator in grey suits to that pumpin', sexy choon STILL gave me the big tingles. So, soooooooo cool. Only in a late-80s movie. And those Lambos at the start...wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Watched Free Solo again last night. We'd seen it a little while back but my son asked to watch it again as it's on Nat Geo on Disney+ and just like the first time the sweaty palms kicked in straight away and didn't let up. It's more terrifying than any horror film. Alex Honnold is maybe the only person on earth equipped mentally (and physically, obviously) to do what he does. His view is there are other things just as dangerous but the difference is the size of the margin for error ... there basically isn't one when you attempt something like free climbing El Cap (something no one else has even attempted) ... you basically have to be perfect for 4 hours solid or you die.

It's an amazing watch. The guy is literally super human. Incredible.
                    I get bad vertigo, so I’m soiling my kecks just reading this post.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Need to rewatch TENEBRE, too!
                      First time I saw Tenebre was at the cinema. Love the Goblin soundtrack and this AMAZING sequence (might be a bit nsfw) ...

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      I get bad vertigo, so I’m soiling my kecks just reading this post.
                      Glad I didn't see it at the IMAX. It's intense enough watching it on a tv screen. Can't imagine what it must have been like for the team filming it as it happened.

Comment

Watching Cool Runnings at the moment on Disney+

Fantastic fun!!

Comment

Yeah, TENEBRE is mega-stylish, slick early 80s sexy, synthy murder goodness. Got two nice versions of it, such a great film and Goblin/Claudio Simonetti kick major arse, I've got most of their stuff, I still listen to it on the regular, it's just really sexy music.

You ever heard 'Phantom' parts 1&2 by Justice (another sexy music act)??? It pretty much nicks the main TENEBRE theme and funks it up:

It's awesome, dude! Get 'Cross' if you haven't already!!!

(PS I used to have the original video nasty version VHS of TENEBRE called TENEBRAE over here. I still prefer to say TENEBRAE, I think it sounds better and looks better on the box as an eye-catching word but 90% of the world seem to like TENEBRE better, sadly).

Comment

Also might have to dig out that memory stick with THE NEW YORK RIPPER on...

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] excellent stuff ... the tune is too good not to funk it up

Comment

The whole album is bangin'. I'd heartily recommend it!

Comment

Working...
                                X