Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it's true or not but apparently at an early preview screening it was clear that the director hadn't intended anyone to be laughing at all at the film. We've seen the trailers for it but we're going to wait to see it at home as the constant daylight opposition to the usual thing of horror films being 'dark' makes it stand out but also adds to the overall vibe that it may be many things but I'm very doubtful I'll find it to be very good at being a horror.

Comment

It is very likely that I'm missing some layers, like the men representing different aspects of a man in a relationship or one character representing white privilege, but that's not what you're perusing when there's some ridiculous ceremony taking place.

When you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Comment

“Hereditary” director Ari Aster’s R-rated “Midsommar” has been getting rave reviews for its weirdness and lack of shyness, offering up plenty of craziness, gore and horrific imagery – and almost all of it in bright daylight. It’s also a seriously long affair, the theatrical cut clocking in at a 147 minute runtime which is almost […]

Nicely timed QC, they're talking about adding another 30 mins

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          http://www.darkhorizons.com/midsomma...-extended-cut/
          Nicely timed QC, they're talking about adding another 30 mins
          Oh man!

Comment

Killer Elite

Jason Statham kills some SAS(super army soldiers) geezers who killed the sons of an Arab guy in exchange for Robert DeNiro’s freedom.

Also has Dominic Purcell from Prison Break doing an English accent. Good fun, and just what we needed on a Friday night.

Mad Max: Fury Road

As I usually do after watching a silly film, I put on something objectively wicked.

We saw it in the cinema and it was a riot but we could enjoy the story more on the telly. I was considering turning the colour down but I liked the colours. I might try watching the originals this weekend.

WITNESS ME!

Comment

Cat People. Horror noir from the 1940s that's light on plot but huge on atmosphere and visual style ... the lighting and shadows make it one of best looking films I've seen in a while.

Comment

Horrible Bosses

Good fun. Kevin Spacey is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  Mad Max: Fury Road

I was considering turning the colour down but I liked the colours. I might try watching the originals this weekend.

WITNESS ME!
                  It's bonkers that there's a black and white cut of the film, because the colours were so impressive in it.
                  Obviously, they sway towards the red spectrum, but shots like the sandstorm are like a painting, they're so expressive.

Comment

It’s weird, isn’t it? Maybe he envisioned it in b&w but filmed it for colour?

Anyway, just saw Toy Story 4 and it was lovely. Also, Toy Story 3 wrapped things up so nicely that you don’t necessarily need to see this if its existence annoys you. But you should see it because you’ll probably like it. Because it’s lovely.

Comment

Director George Miller has recut the post-apocalyptic epic without colour. It provides an illuminating counterpoint to the original

“The best version of this movie is black and white,” he lamented before an audience of critics at a Q&A last May, “but people reserve that for art movies now.”

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Cat People. Horror noir from the 1940s that's light on plot but huge on atmosphere and visual style ... the lighting and shadows make it one of best looking films I've seen in a while.
                        Gave this a rewatch last week, wonderful atmosphere. Need to sit down with curse of the cat people one of these days

Comment

Three films over the last week+, it's easier to capitalise so first off:

SEXY BEAST. I've seen this before, about 2003, it seemed really long and pretentious back then but watching it now, it's really short, a wisp of a plot of a movie.

It's still kinda decent. Winstone's character is just a man who wants to chill. He's really sympathetic, tbh, he don't wanna be a bad person. Kingsley is still EPICALLY horrible nasty twatter. He's that nasty bad mood you hate being in but this guy's lovin it lovin it lovin it.

But, even then, without spoilers, too quick, too short...

Anyhoo, still think it's not the best but liked it better this time aboot. 6.17%/10

Next up, THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR. Absolute shart. Only thing got going for it is the often beautiful nite-time cinematography and the lass who nicks the choc bar.

Last up, RED LIGHTS. Cillian Murphy, Sigourney Weaver and Bob DeNiro in a super-bland tale of bogus psychics. 4.89/10, DeNiro occasionally looks iconic wearing his blind shades.

It's currently doing the rounds on Film4. Don't tape it, it's sh1te.

Comment

I tried to watch the first 25 or so mins of Mandy. Boy it's really bad so far. Not sure I can force myself to watch the rest. Is it worth the pain?

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                              Is it worth the pain?
                              It's very much a film of two halves. Not sure if that'll change your opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                                I tried to watch the first 25 or so mins of Mandy. Boy it's really bad so far. Not sure I can force myself to watch the rest. Is it worth the pain?
                                No. Overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X