X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    Really reminds me of the Evil Dead close up shots
    Yeah, its the only time in his trilogy that I remembered that Raimi was directing.

Comment

It's interesting watching the gif and the video separately because, when the shots are all cut together, I really feel the forward motion of that snappy arm bit but, when watching just the gif, you can see it's not going forward but instead the camera is just sweeping around the room.

Comment

A couple of '80s classics this weekend. Road House from 1989. It's very '80s and mostly carried by Swayze. Unintentionally funny in places but still an enjoyable watch.

And The Terminator. Again. I don't think I'll ever tire of that movie. It's still tense, still fun, still mostly looks great (Thunderbirds-style opening scene aside) and is the pinnacle of the series by far for me to the point where I'm thinking this movie never needed or justified sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Road House

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          And The Terminator. Again. I don't think I'll ever tire of that movie. It's still tense, still fun, still mostly looks great (Thunderbirds-style opening scene aside) and is the pinnacle of the series by far for me to the point where I'm thinking this movie never needed or justified sequels.
          Yeah, I said the other week after rewatching it's definitely my fave. T2 is also amazing, but the tighter, compact story is more rewarding for me.

Disagree about not needing sequels, but just 2. Watching some of the original's extras, there's a deleted scene where Sarah Connor tries to convince Kyle Reese to destroy Cyberdyne Systems and another seeing CS extracting the hand from the industrial press, both of which were restored in the sequel.

Comment

IT: Chapter One
            Rewatch ahead of the sequel, still ruddy marvellous

Comment

An 80's inspired week that was kicked off by Bumblebee, a film that nails the 80's in so many ways.

Sunset-drenched California streets, Duran Duran and, of course, the Transformers themselves. That we had to endure the awful Bay TF films* before those involved got the message is bittersweet, but I'm so happy it's paid off.

The bonus features are particularly good. Unlike other films where the outtakes are just played in succession, these ones have been inserted back into the relevant scenes:

I liked the making-of docs, especially the various people being interviewed who obviously wanted to say the TF films are all **** but had to be diplomatic. There were occasional clips of the newer films with their increasingly ridiculous colour tones which really drove the point home.

Howard The Duck

I know it got panned, but it was fun watching it again after all these years. It's silly but actually not that bad. Tim Robbins does a great job.

Bigfoot And The Hendersons

To my surprise, this suddenly appeared on Japanese Netflix. In fact, it resumed from where I'd left it a few years ago in America

To my even bigger surprise, my wife went nuts because it's one of her favourite childhood films. A timeless classic.

* I love the first TF film. I've seen it so many times that I've lost count. I still have it on HD-DVD. The rest can go to Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                IT: Chapter One
                Rewatch ahead of the sequel, still ruddy marvellous
                I must be the only person in the world who thinks this film was ****.

Comment

Went to see Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood last night. To be honest, based on QT's recent form I wasn't expecting much, but I totally loved it. A great film full of great moments. Can't wait to see it again.

Comment

I saw Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels for the first time in YEARS. Still as great as I remember. Top performances all round and because of all of the pap he did afterwards, you forget just how good Vinnie Jones is as Big Chris and Sting is a nice surprise. Jason Statham already looked the superstar but I really do wonder why Nick Moran never made it big.

Anyways I love Ritchie, have enjoyed all of his movies so far, including Swept Away AND Revolver, but I must admit I haven't seen the King Arthur one and I doubt I'll ever watch the new Aladdin.

Comment

I watched Stalker last night. It's very long, very slow, and very good: a deep dive you have to be in the right mood for but once it connects it really connects.

Comment

Watched UNBORN. Gary Oldman was in it. And a 'young' Idris Elba (he becomes possessed, dies quickly, fuc a spoiler).

Anyway, it started off feeling well-crafted then ended up as mundane and uninteresting and absolute beige as Ken Barlow before the allegations.

I'd rather dig a grave for a fat bloke than watch this **** again.

Comment

PS: [MENTION=4146]Finsbury Girl[/MENTION], Vinnie Jones is becoming a great cult hero, his face deffo stands out in a film, he was great in summat decent I watched the other night but I've forgotten what it was because because I was off my tits then and I'm off my tits now.

Great face for movies. And he played for Leeds back in the day and was well-loved.

What I admire is the astounding career turnaround. Like David Icke. Not many sportspeople achieve the transition. In fact...fuc all, practically.

Must be a difficult life, tbh. But not for Jonesy and Ickey.

(FARTS)

Comment

ESCAPE PLAN, that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Watched UNBORN. Gary Oldman was in it. And a 'young' Idris Elba (he becomes possessed, dies quickly, fuc a spoiler).

Anyway, it started off feeling well-crafted then ended up as mundane and uninteresting and absolute beige as Ken Barlow before the allegations.

I'd rather dig a grave for a fat bloke than watch this **** again.
                              Gary Oldman has some odd films under his belt. Hes a great actor, but his filmography has some weird choices.

Comment

Watched THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN (2008) at about 11.07pm. It's been doing the rounds on Film4.

Was it good???

Definitive YES!

It's not the most ingenious movie, it's about Vinnie Jones butchering humans on a late night train but VJ is kicking major arse in this, weird how I keep ending up seeing Vinnie Jones movies recently.

Looks reeeeeallly slick, Japanese director, a big carrier bag's worth of graphic gore (the eyes bit is UGH), really good fight scenes that play more old skool, slower so you can see and kinda sense the impact more.

The plot has more holes than the amount of anus-rings that end up in Iceland budget doner meat and as a film, it has a similar level of fatty nutrition.

An affectionate 7.8/steak-tenderizing hammers to the head out of 10 bad-eye poppy CGI fx

Comment

Working...
                                X