Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I've ever watched a movie since I was a kid where I got so tense and edgy I shouted at the screen, cringed and winced when a guy shot a gun at a lock. Jesus, it ****in THRILLED my anhedonic old arse!!

There's a reason it's called "Don't Breathe". Bloody, bloody good.

Comment

"Nooooooo!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

**DON'T SHOOT THE GUN YOU *UNT!!!!! *"

Comment

(boobs)

Comment

Just watched Ex Machina. It was great, very talky, what I like. Great acting, I'm thinking Oscar Isaac is becoming one of my fave new actors, he even shines in bad movies.

Love how in the end it could be any human being who did what it did.

In a way this felt like what I hoped bits of the last Blade Runner could've been like.

Yikes, two great movies in a row. Got my eyes on Mirrors next, I've never seen it but hear it's decent...

Comment

I watched Life last night. It was surprisingly good. The guy from Ring was in it.

Comment

Bohemian Rhapsody.

The story is very thin. There’s no real sense of how big the band were. The players are somewhat simplistically portrayed.

However, I really enjoyed it. The lad in the lead role is excellent. The rest of the cast are decent, too, making the best of the script. It’s a film about the music, and the iconic tunes are framed nicely throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                Bohemian Rhapsody.
                Watch it in one sitting or in chunks?

Comment

One sitting with the bairn glued to the missus’ tits throughout.

Comment

Treasure the opportunity!

Comment

Here in Japan Bohemian Rhapsody is so popular that its still on the cinema! Movies only last about a month or so on the cinema over here. This is great and bad because I want the BluRay to watch it again at home.

Comment

Gravity - Bullock was great I really enjoyed it. Awesome SFX it looked amazing and the sound, even on my crappy 3.1 system it was fab. Completely unbelievable but cool nonetheless.

Comment

Overlord
                          Expected next to nothing from this but ended up enjoying it more than we expected. The film was sold as more of a schlocky horror than it is as the vast majority of the film is focused on the last surviving members of a WWII military unit in a small rural village in France who have been sent in to take down a signal jamming radio tower in a German forces occupied church. They discover though that the Church is being used by the Nazi forces as a front for an underground laboratory where Hitler has a unit conducting experiments on the locals in order to create his One Thousand Year Army. The Resident Evil style monster element only fully kicks in towards the end and the WWII elements are pretty well handled, the film dodging the easy trap of feeling like a Resi movie or DVD quality stuff. It's simple stuff but likeable.

Comment

I watched Weird Science for the first time last night. Holy hells. That movie is uh, quite problematic... when viewed through a modern lens? Also, quite bad.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              I watched Weird Science for the first time last night. Holy hells. That movie is uh, quite problematic... when viewed through a modern lens? Also, quite bad.
                              Those 2 words alone sum up that movie as a whole

Comment

I always used to love that movie but haven't seen it for yonks. Bet it hasn't dated like The Breakfast Club has!

Watched Mirrors last night. Quite decent, Kiefer is good value and the colour palette used reminds me of the vintage 360 era, Alan Wake etc, and the opening could be a scene from Resi 2 remake, seriously it felt like the game I've been playing was the movie I was watching!

Comment

Working...
                                X