Coming 2 America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming 2 America

“Hustle and Flow” director Craig Brewer, currently working with Eddie Murphy on the “Dolemite Is My Name” film at Netflix, will re-team with him for the long-awaited sequel to 1988 comedy classic “Coming to America”. Murphy will return as Prince Akeem, who travelled from his wealthy African country to Queens in order to escape an […]

Craig Brewer, director of Hustle and Flow, is set to helm a very belated sequel to the 1988 Eddie Murphy comedy which will see Murphy return to America to meet his previously unknown of son and future heir to the Zamunda throne.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 17-12-2020, 22:04.

"The royal penis is clean, your Highness."

Probably the only memorable thing from the original.

Oh, and something about Soul Glow.

Comment

His mamma call him Clay, ima call him Clay!

Comment

Aw, shish, thought it was John Landis directing again.

Saw this at the pitchaz aged 13 back in the 8-8. It was ruddy brill. Even the Stevie Wonder theme choon.

Ah, sod it, hope it's as fun as fucn fudge.

Comment

After many years of being just a talked about pipe dream, the proposed sequel to iconic 1980s comedy hit “Coming to America” became very real today. Paramount Pictures held their CinemaCon in Las Vegas earlier today, showcasing footage from “Terminator: Dark Fate,” the live-action “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie, the young vs. old Will Smith assassin […]

Paramount have shown a clip that confirms the film is currently filming under the title Coming to America Too

Comment

In the wake of Disney’s reshuffling of its entire film slate, Paramount Pictures has been the first to exploit the new windows. Along with shifting “Dora the Explorer” earlier today by a few weeks, the studio has now put aside room for two more titles. First up, the “Coming to America” sequel has been pushed […]

Coming to America Too will open 18 December 2020

Comment

That'll be my 46th birthday. Dead on. Last one I saw just before my 14th birthday.

But it shall be something. I reckon Eddie Murphy can still be awesome. I am cynical but not unrealistic.

Comment

One of my favourite Eddie Murphy movies, I'm praying this will be good.

Comment

For a second I thought [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] changed the title to the America/Trump thread.

Comment

If they get this right it could be really good, the original was a really funny snapshot slice of Americas haves and have not's, If they do a modern take on this i reckon it could still be very funny. One thing they need to do is get samuel L jackson to do another cameo his scene where he played the robber in the first film was classic.

Comment

This won't be good. Most of these 80s/90s/(early 2000s) sequels have been terrible:

Dumb and Dumber 2
                      Blues Brothers 2
                      Zoolander 2
                      Anchorman 2
                      Basic Instinct 2
                      New Ghost Busters

It's like the huge gap between Arrested Development seasons. The momentum had gone after so many years.

(Hopefully not Bill & Ted 3. I wish they'd leave that alone)
                      Last edited by Zaki; 10-05-2019, 10:53.

Comment

I'm gonna wait till they make the third film, Coming to America Now, about Eddie bringing his talking pet dogs over to the US

Comment

First images from the sequel:

Comment

Trailer!

Looks surprisingly OK

Comment

More of the same? Yes please

Comment

Working...
                              X