User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

He knows he can control me by using my true name!

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    After getting over the fact I was playing a Mega Drive game, emulated on a Xbox 360 game, being emulated by the Xbox One on backwards compatibility, I entered the raging streets.
    A bit OT but I remember having an old Nokia Symbian S60 phone (remember them, smartphones before iPhones/Androids were a thing?) and there was a very good GBA emulator for it but not a decent SMS emulator, so I used to run an SMS emulator for the GBA within a GBA emulator on my Nokia phone. It ran some (but not all) SMS games surprisingly well!

Quote Originally Posted by randombs View Post
    I find scrolling beat-em ups quite boring when playing alone, so music is a big decider in whether I'll play one or not.
    Yeah, the music is really important. Good music really helps create atmosphere and therefore draws you into the game more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    They were designed with different aims in mind.
    I always enjoy playing through all my favourite scrolling beat 'em ups. I know the gameplay is quite basic, but if everything is well designed, I get hooked and end up playing all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Clue for 073:

Time for the Divine Retribution of the Wrath of Heaven
    God of War?

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    The barman tears off his apron and starts attacking, but he's no henchman, he can throw you and hit you with big roundhouse kicks.
    Love it!
    Yeah, such a classic scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    More retro than GOW
    Tenchu?

I had a strong feeling it must be a series I'm not familiar with. I don't think I've ever played a Tenchu game.

Just finished Streets of Rage and I'm a bit spent!
    Crazy tough at the end.
    How ace a game this old can still get the blood pumping!