X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pikmin 3 for switch

Comment

God I hope not. Time for Switch to finally get itself past WiiU ports, if Pikmin pops up at all it's time for Pikmin 4

Comment

Did anyone ever play Pikmin 3? I don't mean just here, I mean anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Did anyone ever play Pikmin 3? I don't mean just here, I mean anywhere.
          Awesome game. They put the timer back in from P1 but much more lenient this time so it doesn’t feel so burdensome having it constantly ticking down in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Awesome game. They put the timer back in from P1 but much more lenient this time so it doesn’t feel so burdensome having it constantly ticking down in your face.
            The only thing that really caused me a problem on my first run was that timer. id go as far to say its a pretty poor piece of game design to get all the way to the end of a game and be told "nope that's it back to the start, do it quicker". it really cut my want to play anymore and it cuts down your reason to explore too. Maybe they could of put in a overtime system that gives you a bad ending if you go over the timer.

Comment

Did anyone ever run out of time on Pikmin? Probably one of the easiest games I've ever played. It's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                Did anyone ever run out of time on Pikmin? Probably one of the easiest games I've ever played. It's fine.
                Pickmin 1? Yes all the time. Timer was rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Well whoop for you Dave, i played it with my wife, we spent a lot of time exploring and lost a lot of Pikmin in silly ways while we where learning the game. got to pretty much the last day and got told "nope time up", it kind of killed our want to go back. No doubt a second run would have been completed with loads of time spare but we kind of lost motivation for it and moved on.

Comment

I don't even know why it takes them so long to put entries out, as a franchise it's not grand scale stuff, very much of the Kirby-Yoshi tier so shouldn't take two generations a pop to do. It's either worth making or not, Nintendo needs to stop Miyamoto from saying the next ones nearly done 8 years before it releases.

Comment

Last edited by Junko; 13-02-2019, 08:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        I don't even know why it takes them so long to put entries out, as a franchise it's not grand scale stuff, very much of the Kirby-Yoshi tier so shouldn't take two generations a pop to do. It's either worth making or not, Nintendo needs to stop Miyamoto from saying the next ones nearly done 8 years before it releases.
                        Nintendo spend way to long on certain things wasting and age on nothing.

Comment

God I hope not. Time for Switch to finally get itself past WiiU ports, if Pikmin pops up at all it's time for Pikmin 4
                          Why when they sell so incredibly well? All of them have been million plus sellers and almost all of them have outsold their Wii U counterpart. Why would a company stop using a winning strategy?

Comment

I don't really expect them to stop but they're at a point where they're close to having exhausted WiiU games to port and are still too slack on showing stuff that is specifically for Switch. It's a dependency that I think could easily start working against them if they don't move on somewhat from it. As successful as the system currently is, 2018 was... rough in parts. The systems about to start its third year on the market and its line up support from Nintendo is... abysmal. It'll be nice if the rumours of different stuff being worked on pan out but this year should be Nintendo hitting their output stride, the prime of the systems software life beginning and the end of WiiU development linked projects coming through. That's what this Direct right thru to E3 needs to be, lining up the software that will ensure the system remains desirable in the face of ever growing focus on rival platforms etc. If they reveal the likes of a Pikmin 3 port or Paper Mario: Color Splash Deluxe and that's what they're relying on going further forward into the systems life, it'd be depressing tbh.

I think that's still my one big concern with Nintendo despite them defying critics with the systems success at every turn - they definitely still have a pipeline issue and are too Nov/Dec big hitter dependent. It'd be interesting to see how they'd do with a Switch 2 where games from this gen wouldn't be so 'unplayed gems' focused.

Comment

The "Three Houses" thing is worrying me with Fire Emblem. I'm fairly excited for the game, but would reeeally rather not have it split across separate versions of the game, strung out over multiple campaigns. Not sure I'll be home by the time the Direct is on but will try and catch-up on it when I get in.

Comment

If it's 35 minutes of Fire Emblem gameplay I'll be livid

You'll hate me for saying this but I'd be fine with that if its 35 mins of quality content for the game (I have a soft spot for Fire Emblem). I'm on a high atm as I'm digging Breath of the Wild though so I'm biased.

Comment

Working...
                                X