This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPERHOT.
    It’s the most innovative shooter I’ve played in years.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Nintendo sales are p**s.
      I bought seven games but, yeah, the discounts aren’t always so hot.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
        I bought seven games but, yeah, the discounts aren’t always so hot.
        The classic example being their first party titles, which despite 30% discounts are usually just what most would consider "normal price".

Admittedly, I don't mind that Nintendo titles tend to be expensive and don't get major discounts. I either buy them or don't, at the price at which they're positioned. Generally they offer great long-term play so they justify the expense. Conversely, I remember when I bought Bioshock Infinite on Steam for £3.99 when its launch was still quite a recent memory; if I'd bought that at full price I would've been miffed. This is why I almost never buy full-price games anymore.

Comment

I bought Ape Out and, honestly... it’s not grabbing me yet. That said, it plays a bit like Hotline Miami and that game really didn’t work for me until it eventually clicked one moment and everything changed. So I could find myself getting into this. The style is kind of cool but the side effect is that there is no sense of place. And you know the way everyone loved that movie Birdman? Well the endless percussion with no actual melody drove me bananas and this game is basically built with that at its core.

Anyway... it might click for me.

Comment

Picked up A Robot Named Fight for 90p and Thunder force IV £2.99.

Comment

Because 2019 has to throw out one last kick in the nuts, after a few days off work I've gone back to my Switch and it's dead. Won't charge, no sign of life, no battery icon, no response to a hard reset etc anything. It's long past warranty so what are we thinking the chances are that it's the battery and I can just replace that and it'll work again? I've tried the dock, directly into the AC Adapter and also using the Pro Controller C-USB cable instead in a different power adapter and zip.

Comment

And very oddly it just came back to life. Tried everything and it's been dead for close to a full day but suddenly popped back up now to the main menu... hope it's not a sign of trouble to come...

Comment

Probably just needed an extra long charge after a long period of disuse.

Comment

Weirdly enough it says the battery is at 100% now, odd that it'd struggle that way when a Vita/3DS can sit unused for an age and just pop right up

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Weirdly enough it says the battery is at 100% now, odd that it'd struggle that way when a Vita/3DS can sit unused for an age and just pop right up
                      A Vita if properly shutdown. Being just left in standby is a whole different thing. And then there's the worry that your memory card corrupted randomly. Like one of mine did.

Comment

Yep, had one sd card before crash out on Switch before. 3DS feels like a warhorse by comparison

Comment

In terms of sturdiness, it has to be the weakest of all Nintendo systems ever, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            In terms of sturdiness, it has to be the weakest of all Nintendo systems ever, right?
                            Yeah.

Comment

I would say so, yeah.

Comment

Strongest was the Gamecube wasn't it? Or is it just me remembering that youtube video from years back where they tried to kill one a ton of ways?

Comment

Working...
                                X