This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wargame View Post
    Why when they sell so incredibly well? All of them have been million plus sellers and almost all of them have outsold their Wii U counterpart. Why would a company stop using a winning strategy?
    I'd love a port of all the Wii-U exclusives (especially Mario 3D World)!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
      I'd love a port of all the Wii-U exclusives (especially Mario 3D World)!
      The wiiu owners in me thinks it kind of sucks that we have seen so many WIIU ports. But the wiiu's failure means that Nintendo have a massive amount of games that hardly anyone played which wouldn't take much to port over. That they seems to be making the better game full price tent pole releases to fill in gaps in there schedule kind of sucks.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 13-02-2019, 15:36.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse but after being knocked off the top of the Japanese charts NSMBUD has out sold both Kingdom Hearts 3 and RE2. In fact it has outsold RE2 full stop.

Those Wii U ports will keep coming it sucks for those that had a Wii U but in the other hand folks are just lapping these up.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
          Those Wii U ports will keep coming it sucks for those that had a Wii U but in the other hand folks are just lapping these up.
          Yeha; ultimately the WiiU was a failure. These games are new to most people.

And in some sense I'm happy for games like Mario Kart 8; it was one of the better games of the decade, ditto for Smash. It'd be a shame for them to languish on a dead platform.

Comment

Can't believe I've only just discovered that Fire Emblem is by the makers of Advance Wars. Pre-ordered Three Houses!

Playing The Blazing Blade on GBA at the moment and it's really good.

Comment

Just watched the Direct.
              [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] is disappointed at no Animal Crossing.

That being said, there were a few highlights.

Tetris 99 is literally the first thing I've seen that has interested me in the Nintendo online service. A Tetris Battle Royale! Who'd have thought.

Is Dragon Quest Builders 2 co-op? We weren't sure as the stream hiccupped for us around that point. If it is, we're probably getting that.

Also great to see about Rune Factory 5, but I was disappointed. When the trailer came on for 4, for an instant I thought it was 5... I mean, they're doing a 5, but when in maybe 2020 is that out? Also it makes me reflect again on Nintendo's policies for this, because I own Rune Factory 4 digitally on the 3DS, on the same account as my Switch... But I would have to pay full whack for the digital version of the re-release (it doesn't even seem to be a remaster; it seems like literally the same game - even down to being low-res). I hope 5 is good and comes out sooner than expected.

Going to try the demo for Daemon X Machina tomorrow, if I can.

What stood out for other people?

Comment

Perhaps it was just the YouTube video but the characters in Three Houses looked quite jaggy. Hopefully the game looks quite smooth when released in late July.

Astral Chain looked slick. Hopefully the gameplay matches the presentation.
                Last edited by Paddy; 13-02-2019, 21:48.

Comment

I'm gonna say it, I don't like Link's face in this...

Comment

When can we brits get Tetris 99!!

Comment

Not quite sure about the Link's Awakening remake either.

It seems like a 1:1 remake, with a visual style that I don't find terribly charming. I'd have much preferred they just brought the GB Color version over and made improvements to the colour scheme.

Comment

I think it looks adorable. And I love the game so I’m in. Also disappointed that there was no sign of Animal Crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          I think it looks adorable. And I love the game so I’m in. Also disappointed that there was no sign of Animal Crossing.
                          I think it looks lazy.

Nah seriously though, I just didn't like the look of it all that much. It's just a personal gripe.

Comment

I first thought the SMM2 was SNES games then I was like I don't remember that in SMW.

Tetris 99 looks nuts look forward to that.

Zelda looks so darn cool and adorable.

Astral Chain looks interesting with a nice art style.

Box Boy looks interesting as well could be a blast in 2 player mode.

But god damnit Nintendo you give Treasure Track DLC but nothing for Mario Party all I want is more boards!!!

Comment

My Switch has become a Hyper Fighting machine pretty much, and I don’t even really mind that. I went a bit mad when I first got it and spent a fortune on the Pro Controller, a giant capacity SD card and pretty much every 1st-party release. I then played BOTW non-stop to get 100%, and have largely ignored all of the other games I have since then. I guess I’ve got a load of stuff to play one day.

I got the 8BitDo SF30 Pro for SF, which is aces, and I’ve got their M30 on pre-order, which’ll be even more aces from the looks of things. Despite having already bought the SF 30th Anniversary Collection twice on PS4 last year, I like the fast boot nature of the Switch.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain and LA remake look interesting to me, definitely want to try out the DxM demo tomorrow.

FE though.... looks a right stinker in graphics and frame-rate, and they go with hogwarts theme for anime teen drama...

Comment

Working...
                                X