X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...int-prize-pool

Reckon you're good at Tetris 99?

Nintendo are running an online Grand Prix tournament for it this weekend, where 999 or more match winners could win 999 MyNintendo gold coins (£10.00).

How to enter? Play Tetris 99 anytime between 1pm on Friday 8th March and 7am on Monday 11th March and try to place first. Winners picked at random or designated if less than 999 players record wins.

Official stuff from Nintendo UK: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nin...#Online_Events
    Gonna try and be number 1 this weekend! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coming soon to Nintendo Switch...
      An emulation of the Megadrive's YM2612 sound chip. It's one of two new instruments (Gadgets) to be added to Korg Gadget on Switch. The other is a Taito/Zuntata based sound module/synthesizer. As you can see from these shots, the interfaces look fun and instantly want you to push their buttons. There's an online event next weekend from Korg showing off the instruments for the first time.

It's not the first time video game influenced instruments have made it into Korg Gadget. A few year ago, Namco teamed up and released Kamata, a wave table synthesizer.

Comment

Labo VR Kit
        Holy moly, the possibilities...

Comment

Wtf is that?

Comment

Unfortunately you have to hold it to your face but Google cardboard + Nintendo should be magic. Night actually buy that.

Comment

The Korg stuff looks well cool. Wonder if you can connect it to a bigger midi setup or if it’s standalone only. I’ll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                Unfortunately you have to hold it to your face but Google cardboard + Nintendo should be magic.
                While it will limit the gameplay possibilities, I like the idea of the VR only being there while you're actually holding the device to your face.

Imagine how manky the cardboard would get after a sweaty session

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Labo VR Kit

I'm skeptic about that, the Switch's screen low resolution and limited resources (especially in handheld mode) aren't the best fit for VR.

Comment

My God, that is just going to be an awful, awful experience

Comment

A chunk of these were shown in the very first Nintendo Labo video so they’ve been around internally for a long time and hopefully would be well tested. But when you say they aren’t the best fit for VR, well obviously - I think anyone going in expecting any kind of real VR experience would be sadly disappointed in the same way someone would be if they went in expecting a car from their little cardboard wheel and pedal thing. I haven’t tried any of these Labo kits because I find the price prohibitive but I like that they exist and that they’re still doing them.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Labo VR Kit

Jesus cardboard cuts are already the worst, just imagine them happening to your face with this thing attached.

Comment

Calling it VR is a bit of a long shot , unless the joycons can add some kind of tracking it’ll be little more than a hmd

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                            Calling it VR is a bit of a long shot , unless the joycons can add some kind of tracking it’ll be little more than a hmd
                            In all the shots publushed till now the joycons are part of the assembly, so there will tracking. A pretty basic one but there will be.

Comment

Current details of the VR games are as follows

Bird colonoscopy Adventure see the inner working of a bird via this amazing science app.

Paparazi paradise hide in bushes with you telephoto lens, try and take the best crotch shots of women getting out of taxis, or shout obscenity at celebrity's as they try to go about there daily life. Can you keep a roof over your head working for a national tabloid.

Sniper History Re-live historic sniper moments through history, discover how Hitler lost one of his balls, or enjoy the view from a grassy knoll in this historically accurate shooting game.

Stampy's hunting adventure defend your herd from greedy hunters after your tusks with this VR elephant sim, don't let them catch you or its curtains for you and your herd.

Comment

Unfortunately not. I don't have the Switch version (have it on iPad), and that allows midi connectivity. I will get it as these new instruments look to be possibly Switch exclusive?

One weird thing about the Switch version is the serious lack of touch screen functionality. It does have multiplayer and time limit mode, which could be fun.

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                The Korg stuff looks well cool. Wonder if you can connect it to a bigger midi setup or if it’s standalone only. I’ll check it out.
                                Last edited by hudson; 07-03-2019, 12:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X