Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is only the 2DS and New 2DS XL available now, the New 2DS model retains all the extra gubbins of the New 3DS but lacks 3D of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      There are no 3d, 3ds available anymore AFAIK.
      Didn't believe you so went to Amazon and had a look. I am actually very surprised. They still seem to be selling them in JPN. Glad I got one when I did now.

Comment

Yeah it's weird how they phased them out. I'm sure the reasons behind it are totally sensible and fiscal, but it seems like a bit of a shame.

Occasionally I get the urge to replace my old 3DS XL with a 'New' model of some description, then I realise I have way too many games consoles and barely play my Switch as it is. Lol.

Comment

I don't think they would make the 20 milllion hardware sales as predicted for this FY but seems that they are close with 11 million units sold in just the last quarter.

Apparently about 4 million shy.

Comment

No more heroes has had a right slating on Eurogamer . I was excited when they announced it that turned to meh when I saw gameplay , I think I’ll pass after all

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
              No more heroes has had a right slating on Eurogamer . I was excited when they announced it that turned to meh when I saw gameplay , I think I’ll pass after all
              I think that Eurogamer may well be in the minority - Travis Strikes Again is currrently averaging a 71% rating across all pro reviews according to Metacritic (48 reviews: 25 positive, 21 mixed, 2 negative).

Seven years have passed since the events of No More Heroes, and The Bad is determined to exact his revenge on Travis Touchdown. Just like the original cult classic, players will have to battle through multiple punk-rock levels and defeat over-the-top bosses.

That said, I can appreciate that Travis Strikes Again looks totally underwhelming and I say that as a fan of the series. Suda51 would've been better off just making a proper No More Heroes 3 (what many would've preferred, myself included) instead of what looks like filler posing as a prelude/pseudo-sequel as the mixed reviews might well damage sales of this and the reputation of the franchise as a whole.

Comment

I’m sure Suda has said the fate of NMH 3 hangs on how well this one sells ?

Comment

I read some reviews that were stronger but the gameplay footage of the game is mindnumbing so I'm more inclined to believe Eurogamer atm on that one. They really should have just launched a NMH 1&2 double pack rerelease on Switch instead.

For the Switch 20m target, it'll be close. Jan-Mar 2018 they sold 2.9m units so it'll largely rest on the momentum of Pokémon/Smash more than anything. Doable though.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                    I’m sure Suda has said the fate of NMH 3 hangs on how well this one sells ?
                    He did, and threatening to scrap NMH3 to try and boost Travis Strikes Again sales might backfire if the mixed reviews are anything to go by.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      They really should have just launched a NMH 1&2 double pack rerelease on Switch instead.
                      What? So the classic Switch part-physical/part-digital delivery bollocks could be pulled?? No thanks! Besides, both NMH 1 and 2 haven't aged well at all.

Suda51 should've just done NMH3 (with the Travis Strikes Again storyline in the game as a prologue) and got it over with.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-01-2019, 10:25.

Comment

I had been all behind the Switch and was hoping they would hit the target. The thought that it would vindicate their HORRIBLE lineup from last year makes it an unappealing prospect.

Comment

There was no way that I wasn't going to buy Travis Strikes Back, but I like to think that my expectations are suitably in check. I've only ever spent a few hours with NMH2 even, as I didn't get on with that so well, but at the same time this is meant to be Suda back actually directing the project for a change. Who knows - even if I don't love it, I bet it'll be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            There was no way that I wasn't going to buy Travis Strikes Back, but I like to think that my expectations are suitably in check. I've only ever spent a few hours with NMH2 even, as I didn't get on with that so well, but at the same time this is meant to be Suda back actually directing the project for a change. Who knows - even if I don't love it, I bet it'll be interesting.
                            Pretty much my line of thought on it.

I'm not expecting it to be a Switch must-have but I ultimately want Suda51 to make NMH3 so that is why I'll ultimately purchase this.

Comment

Startide. It's 90% off for a reason kids, avoid.*

*this comment was brought to you for the price of $1.99 plus tax.

Comment

Is there a tate arcade cabinet stand for the Switch?

Comment

Working...
                                X