Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, scratch that. A bit of a historical searching threw up all sorts, in the past they've often been more platform relevant but at the same time curve balls do exist such as one of the best games you can get on the Playstation 4 being... the PT demo.

Comment

Opinion on the quality of the Switch library seems to divide based on how much you value the portable aspect. Personally, I’m not bothered about since I live alone and fortunately have a short commute. So stuff being rereleased on switch is not that exciting to me, nor are downgraded ports from other platforms. But Dogg and I have debated this before and he loves the Switch library and obviously gets a lot of value from the portable aspect.

I really think your view depends on how much you value that. I find exclusives are thin on the ground (apart from the mindblowingly good Odyssey). Really hoping to feel different in 12 months once we’ve hopefully had FE, Pokemon, AC and Luigi’s Mansion though.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        I live alone

Also, aren't exclusives bad now since the Epic Store? I think that's what happened.

Comment

Portability is a massive part of the Switch's appeal for me.

Skyrim is in my top three games of all time. I don't consider it a pillar of the Xbone library, as all it offers over last gen is shorter loading times and mods. But it's brilliant on Switch because I can now play it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post

Also, aren't exclusives bad now since the Epic Store? I think that's what happened.
            Hehehe. No wife or kids for me yet. My evenings are spent gaming, reading or movie watching in an atmosphere of monastic concentration. Also, I eat a lot of beans on toast.

Hardware exclusives are fine, it’s only when you are forced to spend 5 seconds downloading a free launcher that they become an evil conspiracy by the Chinese government.

Comment

Second screens are still useful even if you live alone i often have something on the tv while i play on the switch in handheld mode, you can also lie in bed and game, or game on the LOO. Even better catch up on some gaming in your statuary mandated 30 minute lunch break at work.

As the parent of two children i don't get much time on my TV between child A and Fortnite, and child B who is addicted to watching kids making slime or opening boxes of cheap plastic toys on youtube. so yeah The switch having an all encompassing console mode is a god send.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                Second screens are still useful even if you live alone i often have something on the tv while i play on the switch in handheld mode, you can also lie in bed and game, or game on the LOO. Even better catch up on some gaming in your statuary mandated 30 minute lunch break at work.

As the parent of two children i don't get much time on my TV between child A and Fortnite, and child B who is addicted to watching kids making slime or opening boxes of cheap plastic toys on youtube. so yeah The switch having an all encompassing console mode is a god send.
                I shouldn't have posted, my point of view that 'the portable bit of Switch doesn't really excite me' is never one that anyone can understand!

Yeah, I have, on the odd occasion, used it in bed. I wouldn't take it to work though, the idea doesn't appeal. And I wouldn't have something on TV in the background while playing, I don't think. For me a lot of those times when the Switch might be useful, on a train trip somewhere for example, I just end up reading instead.

But hey - that's just me, and I'm definitely in a minority. It's why I don't get excited about Switch ports on the whole though. I can imagine if you have kids it's an absolutely killer feature though.

Comment

Reading is for chumps. No good ever came from reading.

Comment

I only read free informational pamphlets so tend to learn a lot actually.

Comment

Reading is for chumps. No good ever came from reading.
                      Anything worth reading will eventually be a Netflix series so just wait for that.

Comment

At this point the vast majority of my playtime comes via work breaks, as a home console the Switch is beyond a struggle and for me probably has close to Nintendo's weakest ever line up if you deduct the 'WiiU' factor from it. It's been carried a lot by my being able to catch up with belated ports of PC smaller titles and rereleases that I struggle to have time for so it's in a bubble whereby I think it's a good system but at the same time very at risk of being amongst Nintendo's worst from a software perspective, I just can't give it credit for other systems strengths especially when Nintendo has no excuse to be being this lazy. E3 is heeeuuuge for me given they largely go silent for the rest of the year after it.

Comment

Does anyone know how the watch list on the eshop works? Does it do anything? If I add a game to my watch list, will it notify me of a sale?

Comment

Does anyone know how the watch list on the eshop works? Does it do anything? If I add a game to my watch list, will it notify me of a sale?
                            I remember having Pac-Man championship edition in my wish list for ages and got a Japanese email from Nintendo about it can’t remember if it was to tell me the price had dropped or to remind me it was still on there. The eshop is a chore to navigate so if anything I’d use the wish list feature so you don’t have to navigate to find what you want again I do it on the PlayStation store all the time for as it’s easier to pull up a wish list and use my phone to buy as the shop is slow as hell on consoles.

Comment

It emails me when stuff goes on sale, similar to Steam. Might depend on options.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                It emails me when stuff goes on sale, similar to Steam. Might depend on options.
                                Thanks guys. I have added those Resident Evil games to my list because I know it won't be long before their prices drop and I don't want to miss a sale. I might finally play RE4 when that happens... although I'm so tempted to buy RE0 because I haven't played it since back in the GC days and I remember none of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X