Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, OK, interesting. How does the online work, does anyone know? Is it asynchronous town-visiting or can you play minigames together and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Huh, OK, interesting. How does the online work, does anyone know? Is it asynchronous town-visiting or can you play minigames together and stuff?
      You can visit each other's towns, hang out, chat, trade stuff or, yes, you can play games. There were a few fun games to play in New Leaf. But really, the best fun was going to someone's town and bopping them over the head with a giant hammer.

Comment

That sounds great. I have a friend who lives in San Francisco that I don't get to see much now (obviously, because he's 5000 miles away), so looking forward to this as a virtual way to hang out. We play CoD together but it's too intense during matches to chat.

Comment

Well I have honestly been calling Animal Crossing my retirement plan. Think of old folks homes and being alone with a whole bunch of dying old people and nobody ever visits... except, for our generation, we’re online and visiting each other’s towns and chatting and picking fruit and being silly and having fun. It’s a way better way to be old. True for many online games of course but Animal Crossing is just so low stress and pretty and it’s just about hanging out with your mates.

Comment

Yeah, it's something I have discussed with friends before - how different it will be as the generation that grew up with gaming ages. It's kind of a perfect pursuit for the very old and infirm, since it's so sedentary.

Comment

That sounds great. I have a friend who lives in San Francisco that I don't get to see much now (obviously, because he's 5000 miles away), so looking forward to this as a virtual way to hang out. We play CoD together but it's too intense during matches to chat.
              I used to use the Wii one to chat with my mum back in Cardiff. We could use WiiSpeak and talk about stuff while catching insects or fish, weeding, etc.

Comment

Nice one [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION], that sounds terrific.

Comment

Yeah, it's something I have discussed with friends before - how different it will be as the generation that grew up with gaming ages. It's kind of a perfect pursuit for the very old and infirm, since it's so sedentary.
                  When we used to have a gang of us from here linking up on the 3DS version it was very far from sedentary. People hiding and posing as axe murderers in hockey masks. People (often me) stealing gifts left out for others. Sexual harassment (I once had *someone* from here take/share a photo of himself lying in my bed, with the caption "I'm here in your bed wearing just my stilettos, only for you...xxx"). Sedentary, indeed? Animal Crossing lends itself to utter depravity.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    When we used to have a gang of us from here linking up on the 3DS version it was very far from sedentary. People hiding and posing as axe murderers in hockey masks. People (often me) stealing gifts left out for others. Sexual harassment (I once had *someone* from here take/share a photo of himself lying in my bed, with the caption "I'm here in your bed wearing just my stilettos, only for you...xxx"). Sedentary, indeed? Animal Crossing lends itself to utter depravity.

My mates other half built a strip joint in the basement of her AC house

Comment

Haha, that all sounds great. Nah it’s the gaming that’s sedentary, because you’re just prodding buttons!

Not a knock on the game.

Comment

I remember that!

I used to bury little gifts behind houses for you guys to find as well.

Comment

^ Yeah, nicked my fair share of 'em. We made out like bandits on the turnip market with our open town policy, though. Should get that going again for New Horizons.

Comment

Definitely, especially considering we can have up to 7 visitors at one time now.

Comment

i always had a nice dress on for when you lot came to my town
                              Last edited by BIG EDD; 23-02-2020, 00:59.

Comment

So looking forward to this. Can’t imagine me not playing this every day this year and probably beyond!

Comment

Working...
                                X