This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Why does the eshop on switch ask me for me password EVERY GOD DAM TIME i go into it, even when ive literally just backed out of the menu. Have i got an option toggled off deep in the options or something?
    Settings then user then e shop options.

Comment

Sorted cheers people.

Comment

I have my CA eShop set to ask for a password everytime, on purpose.
        Last edited by kryss; 19-01-2020, 14:34.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Sorted cheers people.
          Also make sure you have two step authentication on your account, just in case.

Comment

The Walking Dead Season 02 and 03 from telltale have finally landed on Switch making the four core seasons now all available

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'm tempted to get these if and when they appear in a sale as I've gone through the first two, own a physical copy of season 3 on PS4 and have yet to touch the final season. I think I'm more likely to play through them if I can play them on the go though.

Comment

The Switch hardware has now sold 52m units globally, overtaking the 49m of the SNES/SFC for global lifetime sales, making it Nintendo's third-best selling home console. Only the NES/FC (61m) and Wii (102m) have sold more.

Software sales-wise, the Switch is fourth on Nintendo's all-time list with 311m global sales.

Comment

How funny that for all their touts of most powerful console ever! MS have been outsold by an nvidia shield (hardware wise) in a fraction of the time.

Also, quality exclusives sell consoles in biggest shocker ever.

Comment

That and they haven't exploited the capabilities of it in any way. Where are the streaming apps, the Gamecube support, the roms?!!!

Comment

I think the lack of streaming apps was a very conscious choice Nintendo made to emphasise that the Switch is a device for buying and playing games. The same goes for ditching the old-style Virtual Console in favour of using retro games to lure those of us not into online multiplayer stuff into still paying for their online service.
                      Last edited by vabarna; 30-01-2020, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by vabarna View Post
                        I think the lack of streaming apps was a very conscious choice Nintendo made to emphasise that the Switch is a device for buying and playing games.
                        No streaming apps on the Switch is still baffling though, especially as the reveal video for the console showed it being used to watch media and seeing as the likes of Hulu and YouTube are actually now available for the Switch.

Comment

It's true, Hulu is the one exception to the rule. I would argue that YouTube does not belong in the same ballpark as the others, as Nintendo itself uses it as a marketing tool.

Of course, I might be overthinking this and the real reason may be as primitive as a disagreement between parties over profit sharing. The only thing that's certain is that there is a reason.

Comment

And Nintendo wonders why the Switch has been so extensively hacked, it's beyond capable of so much and they just won't let it do any of it even though the only real way forward with it would lead to more $$$

Comment

An additional thought on the subject of streaming apps:

If one was to ask "would existing users like to watch Netflix on their Switch?", the collective answer would most probably be a resounding "yes, why not".

However, I think that for Nintendo the actually relevant questions are "how many people are holding off on buying a Switch until they can watch Netflix on it?" and "how many people are ditching their Switch because they can't watch Netflix on it?". I suspect the answer to both questions is - at least currently - "not enough to make a real difference".

Comment

Originally posted by vabarna View Post
                                I would argue that YouTube does not belong in the same ballpark as the others, as Nintendo itself uses it as a marketing tool.
                                I do see where you're coming from, but many others would argue (Google as well IMO) that YouTube very much is in the same ballpark as Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer etc. The emergence of original YouTube feature-length content, content creator celebrity culture and subscription services like YouTube Red and YouTube Music certainly shows that, at the very least, Google are trying to put YouTube in that bracket.

Nintendo using it as a marketing tool is irrelevant in that context. The platform is still widely used for media consumption.

Comment

Working...
                                X