X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://youtu.be/4ZtJzDClEw4

Following the old rumour of Ridge Racer VIII being in development for Switch comes an update on that claiming Namco has cancelled the project
    shame.

Comment

Just watched the vid. That’s a serious bummer. Honestly it kind of sounds like Bandai Namco Singapore must have been doing a pretty bad job of creating both Ridge and Metroid, since they both got cancelled.

Comment

Nintendo brought the first batch of SNES games to its Switch Online subscribers back in September, and now it's ready to add some more, despite intentionally irregular scheduling. Star Fox 2 is one of the additions, which marks the only time it's ever been playable outside of the Super NES Classic Edition console that was released in 2017.

On 12 December Nintendo will be adding the following NES and SNES games to Switch:

NES - Crystalis
        NES - Journey to Silius
        SNES - Super Punch Out!!
        SNES - Breath of Fire II
        SNES - Kirby Super Star
        SNES - Star Fox 2

Comment

Nothing I'd be super excited about there. If I had to guess, I'd speculate that almost nobody is playing the NES or SNES games on the system for more than a 2 minute look one time only. It makes the online service sound more attractive with them there but I would have serious doubts about whether they are getting any use at all.

If they add Chrono Trigger at some point, I'd probably replay that. And I'd be all over SimCity. But I can't think of another game that I'd spend real time with. The only other one would have been Super Metroid and I played through that very recently on the SNES Mini.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Nothing I'd be super excited about there. If I had to guess, I'd speculate that almost nobody is playing the NES or SNES games on the system for more than a 2 minute look one time only. It makes the online service sound more attractive with them there but I would have serious doubts about whether they are getting any use at all.

If they add Chrono Trigger at some point, I'd probably replay that. And I'd be all over SimCity. But I can't think of another game that I'd spend real time with. The only other one would have been Super Metroid and I played through that very recently on the SNES Mini.
            What? Journey to Silius is incredible!!!! Crystalis is damn good as well.

I highly recommend everyone try them out.

Comment

Journey To Silius, the Terminator game we never got. I agree it's a fantastic game.

Comment

It's a neat little set of additions IMO - can definitely see a quick sprint through Super Punch-Out happening, and will give StarFox 2 a shot given I've still not taken the SNES/SFC minis out of their boxes. I know how highly Crystalis is rated, so might even give that a quick peek too.

Comment

Bought a switch lite and Zelda Links awakening. Great little machine over the original switch in handheld mode. Glad to see my digital games linked to my account after I sold my launch switch. Now waiting for Santa to bring me Luigi’s mansion 3

Comment

What’s happening with panzer dragoon ? Anyone know it was supposed to be this month and physical release

Comment

Christmas sale is a little weak.

Personally I have picked out Tumbleseed, Monster Boy and a Shantae game to consider.

Not every played a Monster Boy or a Shantae game but they look to be worth a punt.

Comment

I don't know why there isn't an option to display them in the order in which I am most interested in them. You'd think in this day and age, they could do that.

Comment

Monster Boy's meant to be great - been keeping an eye out for a reduced physical copy now for a while. I've lost track of all of the new Shantae games and can't differentiate between them, but I played one a couple of years back and really enjoyed that too.

Comment

I bought about 5 games. There's quite a lot that's under a fiver and worth a punt; disposable arcadey stuff which will be fun over the Xmas break.

I also bought Monster Boy, as I've wanted that for a while now.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I don't know why there isn't an option to display them in the order in which I am most interested in them. You'd think in this day and age, they could do that.
                            It's even worse; there are that many items in the sale that if you try to go through them all on the console, you'll crash the browser (it force-refreshes).

Given, if you navigate on the website there are 38 pages of offers, so there's a huge number of games in the sale.

Comment

Nintendo sales are p**s.

Comment

Ape Out is really cheap right now so I’ll go for that. Superhot is reduced too but maybe not enough for me to double dip.

Comment

Working...
                                X