This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Seems somewhat plausible. I wonder if it would still have TV out?
    You can see the USB port on the bottom, I'm pretty sure it won't lose the TV output but I can see the dock being sold separately to further keep prices down.
    I would totally get one if Nintendo had a decent account system and automated upload/download of savegames.

Comment

Well it certainly seems very plausible, and it has all the design features you’d expect from a cheaper version... which also makes me a little suspicious.

Comment

They need to hit the £199 mark with this. Not Nintendo’s usual, hey here’s a new version, it’s worse AND the same price.

Comment

Shame they have muddied the waters with games like Arms. I use the joycons for 2 player Snipperclips, at least.

Comment

Yeah, any joycon-less version is always going to be at risk of incompatibility. No-one's going to be buying this and playing Pokémon Let's Go for instance, or a Skyward Sword remaster.

If they get this sub-£199 then they should knock out a New 2DS Mini for £99 as well

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

If they get this sub-£199 then they should knock out a New 2DS Mini for £99 as well
              A New 2DS Mini would be chocolate teapot-level useless at this point, no?

Comment

It might shift a few more mill for the next 12-18 months window. I know that if they do a £199 Mini Switch I certainly wouldn't be tempted to buy one for the kids, still too premium for young hands

Comment

I see that and think "that's amazing, must get!" then realise I could play my son's Switch when he's in bed, but never ever bother.

I've dipped into the games I've bought, but never spent a night dedicated to playing it.
                  Capcom Belt thingy, Ikaruga, Zero Gunner 2 all had about ten minutes play each.

The best time I had was playing Mario in co-op with him, but now that's done, there's nothing else like it on the system.

...is there?!

Comment

Pretty much nope. Not unless you have an older model and... ahem... do stuff to it

Comment

Yeah, thanks. Thought so.
                      He plays Minecraft and Stardew Valley the most.

Might just restart the Lego Ultron game we dabbled with.

On PS4.

Comment

still too premium for young hands
                        Yeah, those dimensions coupled with the raised trigger housing ain't good with young hands. My 10-yr old's Pokémon system he got at Christmas is like a banana ... barely even sits in the dock. Still, it's great he has fun with it.

Comment

It might shift a few more mill for the next 12-18 months window.
                          Really? At a time when 2DS/3DS production is winding down and when Nintendo have openly stated that they aren't planning to make any new first-party software for it?

I somehow doubt it.

Comment

Pinch of Salt but third party accessory maker Honson, who has ties with Hori, is taking pre-orders for a protective case for a Nintendo Switch Mini

They've listed an image of a mockup, it's their own but insinuates no support for detachable joycons

Hopefully Nintendo will bring out a left JoyCon with a proper d-pad for existing users. Not that I have ever used mine, but yeah.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Tetris 99 is getting a physical version in Japan. Complete with 12-month Switch Online sub and the "Big Block" DLC.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X