Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Digital Foundry its supposed to be an amazingly accurate port.

The NS lifetime sales are interesting. It's fairly feasible the Switch could surpass the Xbox One's lifetime sales within the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      According to Digital Foundry its supposed to be an amazingly accurate port.
      Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        It would appear that the Switch has now overtaken the N64 for lifetime global unit sales, making it the eighth-most successful Nintendo platform of all time as things currently stand.
        I'm glad that the Switch has been a success. I hope Nintendo delivers loads of brand new games with the next iteration. As an owner of the Wii U, I haven't seen many reasons to buy a Switch. I would like to own Mario Odyssey though.

I'd love to see more games from Nintendo covering all genres -- and the company supporting developers to deliver lots of interesting games. I think Nintendo should do more to nurture talented dev teams.

Comment

Another rumour article taken from ResetEra about new Switch revisions; A cheaper one in June, followed by something more modest later on. This sounds like a continuation of the WSJ articles/rumours [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] has previously linked to in this very thread.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...red-off-shorts

Growth in the current period will get a boost from the launch of a new, cheaper version of the Switch, according to two people familiar with the matter who requested anonymity to discuss private plans. The new device will likely be launched by the end of June, according to one of the people. The existing Switch will receive a modest upgrade this year, though a more powerful version is not in the works, the people said.

Nintendo has yet to acknowledge the new hardware, but will likely include it in its guidance, leading to a lot of guesswork and reverse-engineering of the figures, analysts said.
          As someone still not on the Switch-train I'm really intrigued to know what's coming. A newer basic revision is very appealing to me obviously.

Comment

I’d like to see more Switch only exclusives from Nintendo before I jump on board. Though a cheaper unit would certainly pique my interest if it had a few new games out at the same time.

Comment

I'm at the point now whereby it seems all too clear Era was predictably way off base with their earlier Switch Pro talk. The mini would be the key thing and the New Switch seems to be just as redundant as the DSi and N3DS iterations were. More concerning is the vacuum of speculation about software which starts to suggest if Nintendo is going to rely on Pokémon and these iterations to carry Switch through Year 3.

I've got a lot of use from Switch in the end thanks to the ports it's had but... it's an increasingly bleak outlook on the system for me software wise with little movement on that needle.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                I'm at the point now whereby it seems all too clear Era was predictably way off base with their earlier Switch Pro talk. The mini would be the key thing and the New Switch seems to be just as redundant as the DSi and N3DS iterations were.
                I think some, not all were. Although I think some 'era posters equate a DSi style revision to a PS4 Pro-alike upgrade. That said I think there is a lot of enthusiasm for more basic things like a slightly better battery, dock, screen etc. These probably aren't out of the realms of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                  I think some, not all were. Although I think some 'era posters equate a DSi style revision to a PS4 Pro-alike upgrade. That said I think there is a lot of enthusiasm for more basic things like a slightly better battery, dock, screen etc. These probably aren't out of the realms of possibility.
                  I don’t see why a bigger battery isn’t likely, given the current unit has a physical space twice it’s needed size and suffers no ill effects of having its battery upgraded to a bigger capacity one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    There's a digital premium edition of Mortal Kombat on Switch for preorder for about €100. That's just nuts. Unless it's 1991 and your game is imported and the rarest of the rare and physical at that, no game should cost €100.

With the other end being games going for WAY less than they should, it feels like we need some sort of sane mid ground to just settle as a new normal. Or an old normal re-embraced.
                    Just as a follow-up to this, I’m hearing that this game (available for €100) has massive amounts of its content locked and it can be bought with in-game coins which can be purchased for real money? But am I misunderstanding what might just be Twitter rants? Previous MK games had stuff unlocked with the Krypt progression and so on but reports on this one sound different, which huge grinds needed to unlock anything, coins (probably koins) available for real money (which taints the business model) and the devs have said they’ll adjust the coins without a patch - which implies they’re monitoring and have set that sort of thing exactly the same way a free to play candy crush game works. Is that really the case? Could just be internet rage.

I really should take this to a MK thread but anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Just as a follow-up to this, I’m hearing that this game (available for €100) has massive amounts of its content locked and it can be bought with in-game coins which can be purchased for real money? But am I misunderstanding what might just be Twitter rants?
                      Apparently it's Mikrotransaction Kombat, the game is getting review-bombed for this.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        Apparently it's Mikrotransaction Kombat, the game is getting review-bombed for this.
                        I guess the good thing is that, from the sounds of it, they have at least acknowledged an issue and expressed an interest in fixing it. But it feels all wrong to me because they have wanted it all ways: hefty price tag, extra season pass charge at launch plus free to play style microtransations. The only place to go after that is having it only available in a tin with a statue for seven times the price.

Thing is, the game itself looks really good.

Comment

Game looks awesome! Also they can **** off with that micro transaction garbage so no sale. Well done.

Comment

All preorders of Mario Maker 2 come with a Stylus! even Digital preorders.

Comment

Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3 are still on course for a 2019 release. Bayonetta 3 looks very unlikely as it's still TBC.

Nintendo did end up missing its downward revised Hardware sales target of 17m but only by half a mill. Hasn't stopped them projecting 18m again by 31 March 2020, a figure that would take them past XBO lifetime sales.

Comment

It's such a shame that this forum has lost all the Dead On Arrival predictions from mid 2016 to early 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X