This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I thought that arc ended with Revelations? (i.e. it ended the trilogy that started with ACII)

I say that having not played any since II.
    You're right, pre-Origins (and no idea about Unity) AC can be divided into the following "sub-series":

Prequel:
    Assassin's Creed

The Ezio Trilogy:
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations

The American Saga:
    Assassin's Creed III
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    Assassin's Creed: Rogue

London:
    Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India
    Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Comment

There's era sub series within the arc but the initial main arc was for the story of Desmond, that central arc covered:

-Assassin's Creed
      -Assassin's Creed II
      -Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
      -Assassin's Creed: Revelations
      -Assassin's Creed III

Comment

So basically there is no point in going for 3 on its own because we won't have a clue what is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          So basically there is no point in going for 3 on its own because we won't have a clue what is happening?
          This is kinda why I dropped out of the series. I played 1&2, but then Brotherhood just felt like more of the same, and I'd had enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Also because it's ****e.

Comment

The main perk of the AC series main plot has always been that it's been so badly implemented that everyone ignores it. The narrative sections are weak but take up very little of the game (maybe 3% of the overall game experience). They won't get in the way of your enjoyment (or not), AC3's main issue is that it was slow to get going (not much of a criticism in an age when RDR2 gets plaudits despite being 5 times slower to pick up), I think people had become too attached to Ezio too which was odd as AC leads are largely pretty void and samey and the previous game wasn't that great. AC3 won't become beloved but I think it'll improve in some peoples estimates on revisit.

Comment

Why do so few games support single detached Joy-Con mode? Every game ith controls that fit on just one should support it. I like the feel of having a home console I can take with me. I set it on a table and I hold the controller in one hand. Beautiful. That's ruined if I have to hold the entire thing.

Comment

Smash Bros 2.0 update is now live

Comment

anyone play super mario bros u deluxe. I missed it on the wii U as i never had one but the other half just downloaded it for the kids, so i thought id have a go and it feels so sluggish, like playing through mud. Is that usual for this mario? as it doesnt feel right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
                      anyone play super mario bros u deluxe. I missed it on the wii U as i never had one but the other half just downloaded it for the kids, so i thought id have a go and it feels so sluggish, like playing through mud. Is that usual for this mario? as it doesnt feel right to me.
                      There are meant to be issues with input latency. The WiiU one played fine.

Out of interest are you playing directly off of the device screen or docked through your TV?

Comment

Can't say I found NSMBUD sluggish at all, I did find I started dying a lot once into world 4 and 5 but put that down to my aging reflexes.

Comment

the switch was in the dock, and running on the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                            Can't say I found NSMBUD sluggish at all, I did find I started dying a lot once into world 4 and 5 but put that down to my aging reflexes.
                            my reflexes arent too bad despite my age and i was playing six golden coins the other day and still feels tight and responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
                              the switch was in the dock, and running on the TV.
                              Try it undocked. Game Mode on the TV is on, right?

Comment

I'm playing undocked and it definitely has input lag issues. It's broadly fine because of the nature of the game but every now and again you need to move with quicker reflexes and it starts to become increasingly apparent that you can't entirely trust the game to respond to your timing. Manageable but slightly irksome

Comment

Working...
                                X