This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch: Thread 07

The youngest current system and yet still the first to reach a seventh system focused thread:

Analysts are now suggesting that sales of the NS were so brisk in October through December that Nintendo may just about reach its lofty sales target of selling 20m units by 31 March 2019
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 06-10-2019, 12:28.

Carried on from the last thread.

Originally posted by wargame View Post
    It's an Nvidia Shield with a screen, Joycons and a dock.

I don't know what comparing it to a PS4 does unless they have a SKU that is portable with current gen graphics then yeah I would say it's over priced.

Controllers don’t count sorry, their included in the price of the console, you can’t split them off to make it all seem better value.

You have to compare it to the other consoles some time or other, can’t just pretend they don’t exist and the switch is awesome in every way.

It’s a good idea, it’s nice to play on and fantastic for local multiplayer, however, it is very outdated tech, has a ton of last gen over priced ports from WiiU & is an overpriced base unit, plus does nothing else but play games, no streaming, nothing.

It has a long way to go, that’s not even bringing it’s appalling online into the discussion either.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-01-2019, 12:50.

Comment

Which reminds me, why the hell does the 3DS still cost so much? It doesn't even sell in big numbers anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Which reminds me, why the hell does the 3DS still cost so much? It doesn't even sell in big numbers anymore.
        Got to pay that Nintendo tax.

Comment

Things are not sold at cost. A large part of the value is that these are the systems you get to play Nintendo games on. You might not think that worth the price and that’s okay but that’s what it is.

Comment

It's a hard one, stacked against what the Vita cost it seems like a fair price but then that was too high for that system in the end. Nintendo's able to shift units though so it's back to a fair deal. If you're not bothered by the portability of the system though then it's easy to see it as being terrible value

Comment

I think the price is fine, it's pitched neatly in the middle. Base model Xboxs and PS4s can be had for £200ish, the upgraded versions of those run £350 - £400ish, Switch sits between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Things are not sold at cost. A large part of the value is that these are the systems you get to play Nintendo games on. You might not think that worth the price and that’s okay but that’s what it is.
                I don't personally see the value in switch, for me, i have gone though all the wiiu games on wiiu, Mario Odessy is outstanding (as always from ead1) but i see the hardware as overpriced considering all it does is games.

If you never went though wiiu catalogue then that could be a different story, plus its portable which is a nice bonus.

£199 with a pack in game like sniper clips would be the sweet spot for me for the hardware, i have no problem buying new Nintendo games at full price, you know what your getting and that's always consistent quality.

Comment

Yep, it comes down to whether you want games on the system. Price versus desire. I see that as being outside of "it's just made of this stuff". I have no idea what's really in a PS3 or PS4 but I deemed the PS3 a worthy early purchase but not the PS4 - it was just about what I could do with it that I wanted to do. If somebody told me the components were only worth whatever, I don't think it would really influence the decision because I can't just buy those parts myself and play the games.

So yeah, I get why the Switch might not be worth it for you but I don't see the "it's an Nvidia Shield" thing as all that relevant.

Comment

You ain't going to see a price drop when a game can sell 5 million copies in a week

You will most likely only see a price drop if they bring out a more powerful pro style upgrade. Expect the original at that point to go down to £199.

As for the 3DS the Christmas numbers in Japan were still very high.

I only bought one last year and was surprised at how expensive it still was.

Comment

I'm still not happy they don't do the New 3DS models any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I'm still not happy they don't do the New 3DS models any more.
                        Wait what? You mean the normal sized n3ds is no more? I thought it was supposed to take over from the original 3ds with a slightly faster chip for same price point.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Wait what? You mean the normal sized n3ds is no more? I thought it was supposed to take over from the original 3ds with a slightly faster chip for same price point.
                          That seemed to be the idea, yeah, but then they phased them out in favour of the 2DS. They don't seem to do any 3D versions any more.

Comment

There are no 3d, 3ds available anymore AFAIK.

Comment

Maybe the factory making the screens stopped making them? Or Nintendo just figured people will buy the 2ds which will be more profitable due to the standard 2d screen and just phased the 3ds out.

Stupid situation Nintendo have created there.

Comment

Working...
                              X