Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here downloaded the Tetris 99 DLC? Is it any good? Is it worth the £9 price?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
      Any recommendations from the sale? There is a lot of rubbish in there as usual!!
      Steredenn if you don't have it. Rock hard little shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
        Any recommendations from the sale? There is a lot of rubbish in there as usual!!
        N++ is on sale, game has 4340 levels and is perfect for switch.
        Worth pointing out the levels are NOT randomly generated, every level was designed and play tested.

I’ll just shout the names of some games on sale worth a look.
        Wandersong, The Messenger, Semblance, Detention, Dandara, Night in the Woods, Celeste, Wulverblade, Oxenfree, GoNNER, Tumble Seed.

SO many games on sale though and not enough time to buy and play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
          Worth pointing out the levels are NOT randomly generated, every level was designed and play tested.

Wandersong, The Messenger, Semblance, Detention, Dandara, Night in the Woods, Celeste, Wulverblade, Oxenfree, GoNNER, Tumble Seed.

Very tempted by The Messenger but Katana Zero got me thinking that might be the better of the two... Sorta similar to N++ as well in terms of playstyle!

I'll have to make a careful choice.

Not heard of Detention or Dandara but they both look great! Too many things to play, just like you said!

Comment

Comment

I went with the Online bundle to save $15.
              Those Switch game vouchers are a bit meh. Two full price releases on release would be worth it, but I generally get bigger discounts on physical during E3.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                P-A have ¥1000 cards in stock again. Everyone buy one, and then we can play V. R. online like Virtua Formula.
                I just got a 1500 from eBay. Will download tonight. I've never played the game before. Maybe once before in the arcade, but I can't remember how it was. How does this play today? Looks lovely from what I've seen on YouTube.

Comment

For me, everything related to Super Mario Maker 2 depends on how throwaway Story Mode is, it's literally the only part of the game that peaks my interest on any level

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    How does this play today? Looks lovely from what I've seen on YouTube.
                    It still feels great, though I need to brush up on my skills. The steering felt overly twitchy to me on default setting but felt much better when I switched it to 'arcade'.

But yeah, the game still has substance ... it's not mere nostalgia. The handling model and course design just complement each other perfectly. And the whole thing has been beautifully handled. It's well worth having.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      For me, everything related to Super Mario Maker 2 depends on how throwaway Story Mode is, it's literally the only part of the game that peaks my interest on any level
                      Understandable.

Personally, I feel like I can justify Super Mario Maker 2 more than I can NSMBUD simply because I still have my copy of the NSMBU + NSLU all-inclusive disc for WiiU.

Even though I don’t really care for making Mario levels you know that the SMM games will at least provide you with plenty of original levels to play.

Comment

If the 100 or so levels they say are in it are full fledged levels then it'll be hard to turn this down, it makes it effectively the Switch's dedicated New SMB. If they're more short missions like 'collect 50 coins in 50 seconds' then I'll pass

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          If the 100 or so levels they say are in it are full fledged levels then it'll be hard to turn this down, it makes it effectively the Switch's dedicated New SMB. If they're more short missions like 'collect 50 coins in 50 seconds' then I'll pass
                          They'll most probably be on par with that the 1st Maker had, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Comment

I feel much more excited about SMM2 this having seen Nintendo Direct. I wasn't sure if it would be a fairly minor upgrade, but they've added *loads*, including a lot of things I wished the first one had! I'm not massively interested in playing lots of levels, but I'm looking forward to designing again.

Comment

The voucher deal on the Japanese shop is 9980yen, which seems a lot more likely to save you money.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post

Excellent shout on The Messenger btw! Great game for a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X