Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPS2 InfiniKey

Available here: https://www.videogameperfection.com/...ces-available/

Any CPS2 fan knows that once a board has suicided it will no longer be able to boot.

undamned has created a non volatile solution that allows suicided boards be decrypted and played as normal. It may not have much interest here but I just thought I’d share it as it’s clearly a brilliant product.

Your post reads like boards can be brought back from the dead. Is that the case?

This is great, regardless. Takes the worry out of it all. Although even cack-handers like me have been able to easily solder in a new battery when required. Easiest job ever.

Comment

That is the case indeed!

Comment

Im guessing dead boards are now worth a bit more now that this little board exists, i love the simplicity of the design to acommodate the board revisions & game rom types.

Comment

Buy purchasing this modification and sending us your complete CPS-2 kit (we will need both A and B boards), we will professionally install and test the InfiniKey. This will allow the use of original game code without risk of battery failure or damage.
          Looking at the install service, this bit's confusing me a little - I'm not sure what they need the A board for? What if I want to install this on all of my games, do I need an A board for each?

While we're at it - anyone here with the appropriate skills want to make a few quid and undercut their installation prices?

Comment

They probably just don’t have an A board on hand, that’d just be to make sure everything is sorted before shipping it back.

I could probably hook you up with some installs now that I’ve got my supergun setup up and running too.

Comment

Going to guess the installers don't have an A board of their own so they need both to test to make sure their install works. Bit of a hassle if they install the thing blind without ttesting and it isn't properly on and then it has to be returned back to them to redo. While the install looks pretty simple to do, i don't have the required iron to pull it off no way i'd risk my crappy maplins budget iron with no temp control on something as valuable as an arcade board. I do love the fact that dead boards though can be brought back to life without having to use hacked roms to do it, just a simple board install.

Comment

It’s the crappy lead free solder that they tend to sell in Maplin and the like that is the bigger issue IMO. Leaded solder is lovely to work with, though of course a good iron helps too. Can strongly recommend a Hakko FX-888D if you ever wanted an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  I could probably hook you up with some installs now that I’ve got my supergun setup up and running too.
                  Not that I intend on lowballing you, but the price quoted here does run high given shipping to and from Greece needs to be added on top of that. If you're serious about this, I am too - I've three boards (... some of which may have died since I last had them in...) that could use the job; I trust your work, and I'd certainly rather line your pocket than some unknown!

Comment

Long as you don’t mind shipping an A board too for testing I’d be more than willing to, just shoot me a PM on here or twitter and we can work it out.

Comment

Got a brand new Japanese Progear B board I'd like to send you at some point speedy

Comment

Gladly!

Comment

This forum is great lol. Still love my Speedy modded Saturn.

Comment

Working...
                          X