New 2019 Framemeister firmware update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2019 Framemeister firmware update.

There’s a new firmware out now for the Framemeister that offers vertical scan lines as well as LCD filters!!! Oh man, I’ve been waiting for this. you need to grab the firmware from the new Micomsoft site - http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/new/xrgb-mini.html

Use Chrome’s translate option to navigate the page if you can’t read it. It does a good enough job. There are Japanese and English versions available.

For best results please watch this video in 4K or at the very least 720p.

Does anyone still use these?

Comment

Oh wow, that was completely unexpected. And the thread title preview was just "new 2019 Framemeister" and I got hyped about a new upscaler :P
      Will try it later, does it improve 480i and 480p scaling?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Oh wow, that was completely unexpected. And the thread title preview was just "new 2019 Framemeister" and I got hyped about a new upscaler :P
        Will try it later, does it improve 480i and 480p scaling?
        I don't know yet. I haven't tried the PS2 or Wii on it yet.

Comment

Nice that it's still getting supported with updates to improve, thought they had stopped making them as they were running out of chips. Downloaded english file shall put it on mine at some point, to be honest i don't fire up many of the consoles connected to mine that often at the moment but i shall have a play around to see whats new. Although sometimes theres almost too many settings on that thing lol.

cheers for the heads up mark.

Comment

Ah great to see this, really unexpected for them to do anything significant with it now.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Nice that it's still getting supported with updates to improve, thought they had stopped making them as they were running out of chips.
            I think the manufacturer stopped making the scaler chips, but they stockpiled them a bit so they can continue to make units for a couple of years (although we're probably at least halfway into that period now).

Comment

This is good news. I hope there are various other improvements.

Comment

Wow I haven't updated the firmware on my for ages, thanks for the lookout Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  This is good news. I hope there are various other improvements.
                  Mostly just for PC-88 machines and 4K TV suport. They've also added a dot clock for RGB inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    and 4K TV suport..
                    That's good to know -- I'll be getting a 4K TV at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      That's good to know -- I'll be getting a 4K TV at some point.
                      The main fix is that 4K TV owners no longer get a pink screen which was apparently an issue with some models, especially LG and Samsung.

Comment

I really wish they'd support rotating the screen in software. Not every monitor or TV can be physically rotated, but they have more than enough resolution to display a TATE game without scaling. Some Saturn games handle YOKO mode so badly too, with horribly ugly scaling.

Comment

Think i need to find some other scaler for my PS1 as the framemeister is just not worth it on PS1, tried playing pop n music through it. The lag is not the problem as on that issue it plays fine. It's the damn resolution changes that's making it unplayable as it goes from the menu to the song and misses out a few seconds of it as it switches resolutions and by then you have already missed notes.

Hell even the konami jingle in twinbee yahoo was missing a few seconds, wonder if the ossc is any better at resolution changes. At the moment i'm that pissed off with it i have unplugged my ps1 from it and just put the scart cable back into the tv, the image is dire but at least i can play the damn games properly. Shocked at how poorly the framemeister seems to handle it considering how much it cost.

Comment

OSSC isn't fantastic at switching between 240p and 480i either, should be faster than the FM at least. Not sure it's fast enough to remedy that issue though. This is one area where a CRT really excels.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              . Shocked at how poorly the framemeister seems to handle it considering how much it cost.
                              Which firmware are you using? I read that the problem has been sorted(or is at least much better) with newer firmware. Just upgrade to the latest, as it seems to have fixed other problems as well. Someone even said the lag has been reduced, but I'm not sure about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X