User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Arguably the series also resulted in Acquire going off to start the Shinobido series after moving on from the first two Tenchu titles. I remember going to a talk by one of the guys from Acquire at the Japan Foundation in London and finding it really interesting (there's probably a thread on here about it too).

Also: it's far from AAA production values, but I had a lot of fun with Tenchu Z. It's great!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Arguably the series also resulted in Acquire going off to start the Shinobido series after moving on from the first two Tenchu titles. I remember going to a talk by one of the guys from Acquire at the Japan Foundation in London and finding it really interesting
    I love how you always seem to be doing interesting things like this!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Also: it's far from AAA production values, but I had a lot of fun with Tenchu Z. It's great!
    Shame it's not on the Backwards Compatibility list for the One.

Yeah, it is a proper shame. It's one I'd definitely be up for playing. I remember trying the demo when it came out and thinking 'Eh'. I think I was far too into the shiny shiny of the new gen, and Tenchu Z very much felt like a AA PS2 game. It definitely feels like one I've overlooked though, I'd like to go back to it.

As with many others, it seems, I enjoyed the first two games on PS1, and then drifted out of the series.

Loved the atmosphere of the first game, even though I was crap at it. Don't think I ever got past the sixth mission. The second wasn't as good, but it had a level editor, which I had great fun with.

Then I sort of lost interest. I've just picked up the DS one, and I own a couple of PSP ones, so I might give those a quick play.

Great trip down my memory lane. My and my friends rinsed the first game in senior school, spouting lines verbatim like "Your greed sickens me".

Which is considered the best title for the PSP?

Remember getting this and rinsing it.

It came out a good few months before MGS, and was the first time i'd really seen the concept of stealth in a game.

I got it at christmas with Tomb Raider 3, Duke Nukem Time to Kill and X-Men vs Street Fighter.

I remember it being really quite difficult, but stuck with it. Was quite proud of achieving Grand Master ranking on every level with Ayane and Rikimaru- learning precise routes to run through the level without being seen using trial and error. I remember Grand Master ranking being tough, as IIRC, you could only bring limited items, had to limit your kills, never be seen, take very little damage and speed run the level.

My mates could barely finish the level, so it seemed quite an accomplishment at the time. I'd never have the patience for it now.

Bought Tenchu 2 not long after release, but it didnt have the same allure. It was a bit of a retread, but with levels set in daylight- didnt bother with the others. I think im happy with my Tenchu 1 memories.

Clue for 074: He may be small but he'll save this family!

Loved the 1st game, it looked great (was quite original at the time too) and played so well too and the music and sound effects were amazing. I think the series went downhill big time after the 2nd one