Retro|Spective 073: Tenchu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember getting this and rinsing it.

It came out a good few months before MGS, and was the first time i'd really seen the concept of stealth in a game.

I got it at christmas with Tomb Raider 3, Duke Nukem Time to Kill and X-Men vs Street Fighter.

I remember it being really quite difficult, but stuck with it. Was quite proud of achieving Grand Master ranking on every level with Ayane and Rikimaru- learning precise routes to run through the level without being seen using trial and error. I remember Grand Master ranking being tough, as IIRC, you could only bring limited items, had to limit your kills, never be seen, take very little damage and speed run the level.

My mates could barely finish the level, so it seemed quite an accomplishment at the time. I'd never have the patience for it now.

Bought Tenchu 2 not long after release, but it didnt have the same allure. It was a bit of a retread, but with levels set in daylight- didnt bother with the others. I think im happy with my Tenchu 1 memories.

Comment

Clue for 074: He may be small but he'll save this family!

Comment

Loved the 1st game, it looked great (was quite original at the time too) and played so well too and the music and sound effects were amazing. I think the series went downhill big time after the 2nd one

Comment

Working...
        X