Playstation (hacked and now) Classic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Literally haven't used my PS Classic since I copped it for a firesale price from Argos @ Sainsbury's two years ago.

Man, looking at the back of the box made me realise that I'd forgotten just how truly awful the pre-installed game compilation on this thing was. Shockingly bad choices.
    It was such a weird set of games. Like, I wouldn't fault any that were included; they were all reasonably notable PS1 games - but there were some where you wondered if they were really worth it, some very notable absenses, and the machine came with 2 pads despite having relatively few 2-player games (admittedly the SNES mini suffered for that last one too; would it have killed Nintendo to put Super Soccer & Super Tennis on the thing?).

Mainly there was no common thread between them. You couldn't come up with some kind of logical categorisation. I have to assume it was whittled down from a much larger list of all notable PS1 games. A run-down of the big hitters, less those with licensing issues, less those with emulation problems, less those that those developers can still sell in revival collections, and what we got is what you have left. PAL Battle Arena Toshinden.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]

Super Soccer is on the Japanese Super Famicom Mini, under its local name of Super Formation Soccer.

But I see where you're coming from - I totally agree with you about Super Tennis; that is a poor omission. But for me, Pilotwings and Actraiser should've been on the SNES Classic Mini also as they were major first-wave SNES/SFC titles.

Comment

I use mine for emulation and while it isn't perfect, for the ease of use it's my favourite option.

As for PS1 emulation, I am definitely not an expert but it seems fine to the untrained eye. If it isn't the best, the results I get are certainly worth the trade off with how easy it is to setup for haxx.

Comment

Working...
        X