User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 2

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Maybe it was just tiredness but the Lab area is the weakest of the game so far, grinds things needlessly down ferreting around.
    Seems to be a bit of a staple of Resident Evils. They seems to lose pace towards the end quarter. The original Resident Evil kind of loses its way once you hit the lab area and Resi 7 feels lost once you leave the house behind and enter the ship.

Resi 7's ship section was heavily reminiscent of Revelations. I'm one who didn't mind the bit too much but found it totally skewed the pacing of the game.

As for the Ivy creatures in Resi 2? You can burn them to a crisp when you down them. However, I only found that out once I'd changed the water sprinkler thang. They just kept regenerating. As I didn't fully cook one before I changed the sprinkler, I don't know if that has any influence on their way of disposal? I actually rather enjoyed the sense of flammability, I like the flamer in this game, wish it could be used more often, it's one of the funnest weapons!

Yeah, I used it quite a bit ... especially effective in a couple of boss encounters. Very satisfying.

Managed to make good progress last night, finished Leon's campaign and am about a third of the way through Claire's I think - just getting into the Car Park section. Much, much faster second run through thanks to knowing the ropes and layouts but it felt like Mr X is much more annoying and placed just to drag things out as you're forced to go around the woods. Got trapped in the Art Room with a puzzle, item to collect, Licker and him and had to absolutely bomb it and heal up to deal with that one. I'm finding the second run a little irritating to be honest because it doesn't sync up with the first run at all, Claire repeating objectives and enemies that Leon had already cleared so there should be signs of his presence, and so far it's largely barely any different than replaying the same campaign with a different costume. I'll definitely have zero interest in further playthroughs after this one.

For some reason, my second run thru with Claire is proving a bit fiddly, Tyrant now plodding around and I've only got the first two pea shooters and they feel well crap and unsatisfying so I haven't gone back to it in a coupla days, put me off a bit. I'm looking forward to that machine gun, tho, so all is not lost...

Quote Originally Posted by JazzFunk View Post
    For some reason, my second run thru with Claire is proving a bit fiddly, Tyrant now plodding around and I've only got the first two pea shooters and they feel well crap and unsatisfying so I haven't gone back to it in a coupla days, put me off a bit. I'm looking forward to that machine gun, tho, so all is not lost...
    Exactly. This is why I said the Tyrant was a pain in the arse adding no fun to the game at all. He was just annoying when playing as Claire.
    One thing that puzzled me is that I completed the second run using Claire, had a million grenade launcher ammo types but didn't fine the actual grenade launcher in the game apart for at the final boss. Or was that a bazooka? Is there a new game + option that allows you to start a game with all the items from the previous game? From what I can see there isn't. Only a continue or start a new game loosing everything previously collected.

Funnily enough, about 40mins after I'd posted that post, I went to the top deck, found the Spade key, opened the house right up, got all three medallions. And then hung around the secret doorway in the central hub, luring the Tyrant, who could have quite easily walked down the steps into the save room with me and squished my brains...but didn't...he's either too polite or has an invisible wall preventing him from descending this particularly roomy staircase. It's funny in that meta, gamey way.

Now I'm past that bit, I'm a bit happier. And I'm noticing how beautiful the gfx even are on this 'unexpanded' Xbox One. This is a serious, serious quantum leap in visuals. It's mind-boggling, especially when you see how munt the cutscenes in the orig Resi 2 actually look these days!

But there are deffo missing energies, it's not quite as much of a joy to replay. Like I said, that crazy vim, the gusto. It's not quite there yet but if they retain the formula for Resi 3make and crazy it up, mix up the ammo crafting and add more contentz, 't will be a banger.

I think I know what it is. The lack of dynamic camera angles, the set vision, the prerendered backgrounds. Basically, this is a 3rd person shooter and the mood is ultimately defined by the player as they are in control of the camera.

One wonders if an extra mode could be added to this to recreate the old experience. I reckon the graphics are so strong it would benefit. It would be nice to only see what the scene wants you to see.

But at the same time, it's SOOOOO GREEEEEAT. Amazing, even.

Wow, it's a twister of teh melonz

One thing I found is, once you get the medallions and you descend in the lift, go back up and Mr X will be gone. You'll be free to go round the police station unhindered by him.

I got the grenade launcher which made a difference with Claire, it's pretty much the same set up with Leon where you just need the police station weapons locker keycard. I'll be done with this tonight and... I do wish I'd walked away after finishing the game with Leon, second run has really dampened the love for it as it exposes a lot more of the cracks that you don't notice on the first run. If they remake RE3 it'd probably be a benefit to the game that it avoids this kind of replay stuff to just give a simple single storyline experience. It's a definite 8/10 entry.