No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did giggle as i started the 2nd playthrough as Claire, looks like the cleaning lady popped in & moved the storage box & typewriters around (bitch). Was needing to save at the police station entrance hall only to find they had gone but the extra bag space is something i guess.

Comment

I went "What?!"

Upon meeting Claire at the petrol station, I had no ammo, but Leon still managed to squeeze one out of thin air to save Claire

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        I went "What?!"

Upon meeting Claire at the petrol station, I had no ammo, but Leon still managed to squeeze one out of thin air to save Claire

LOL you cant trust anyone.

Comment

I'm progressing well with Claire in the 2nd run atm. I'm looking forward to how the closing hours differ to Leon's campaign.

EDIT: Finished Claire's run and it was pretty great (they made her a bad-ass which was great to see). I feel like I want to start playing through the game again already which is a strong sign of the game having that replay factor (except this time I should have an awareness of what's to come unless the item/enemy placement differs when going through the Claire A/Leon B combination. Feel free to call me an idiot but I'd like to see some DLC down the line beyond the Ghost Survivors content that's coming. The game has won me over that much.

It seems like Capcom has put loads to unlock on the disc with the aesthetics being the DLC. That's fine by me as the core gaming experience is what's important.
          Last edited by Paddy; 27-01-2019, 21:31.

Comment

Didn't realise how much I'd missed Resident Evil ... this game is so good.

Comment

I'm not that far in and I thought I'd share my impressions.

Firstly I was struck by the sound in this game. It all has a real crisp quality to it. I'm playing on headphones and it just ups the atmosphere. The background noises in particular; at one point I had to take my headphones off because I thought one of the noises came from inside my house.
              Also the voice acting is fantastic. The previous resident evil games leaned on the hammy side, but both this and resi7 have a realism to it. Like you'd find in a good Netflix drama. I particularly like the scene with Leon meeting Claire again outside at the gate, I felt a real connection between them both.
              My absolute favourite part so far though has to be when I mistakenly took the ladder down into the library to take care of the zombie and was instantly set upon by two at once, but they both tackled me to the ground and set on me. I was expecting one at a time! It made me realise I needed to pick my fights more carefully.

Couple of things I'm not sure of: In the original I liked the walk through the streets to get to the police station, coming upon the gun store etc, it's missing in this and you quickly find yourself at the station. I know why they did it, to speed things up, but I miss it.
              I'm also not sure about the combat balance. I know its not a run and gun, but when I unload a shotgun round at a zombies head and he takes it like a quarter back you can't help but wonder it its a little off.

So far I love it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                I'm not that far in and I thought I'd share my impressions.

Firstly I was struck by the sound in this game. It all has a real crisp quality to it. I'm playing on headphones and it just ups the atmosphere. The background noises in particular; at one point I had to take my headphones off because I thought one of the noises came from inside my house.
                Also the voice acting is fantastic. The previous resident evil games leaned on the hammy side, but both this and resi7 have a realism to it. Like you'd find in a good Netflix drama. I particularly like the scene with Leon meeting Claire again outside at the gate, I felt a real connection between them both.
                My absolute favourite part so far though has to be when I mistakenly took the ladder down into the library to take care of the zombie and was instantly set upon by two at once, but they both tackled me to the ground and set on me. I was expecting one at a time! It made me realise I needed to pick my fights more carefully.

Couple of things I'm not sure of: In the original I liked the walk through the streets to get to the police station, coming upon the gun store etc, it's missing in this and you quickly find yourself at the station. I know why they did it, to speed things up, but I miss it.
                I'm also not sure about the combat balance. I know its not a run and gun, but when I unload a shotgun round at a zombies head and he takes it like a quarter back you can't help but wonder it its a little off.

So far I love it though.
                Keep playing, some of your qualms will be allieved

Comment

I’ve been smashing this. Done Leon A and Claire B, and now I’m halfway through Claire A in about an hour.

Loving it, couldn’t be happier. Doing Hunks 4th Survivor was a bitch, but I managed it with careful planning of sub weapons and a little luck. That last section is painful. Got to the last section with Tofu too!

Gonna rinse this, not bothering getting all trophies on single play through, gonna donut multiple times and savour it- platinum here I come

Comment

This game seems nicely balanced and calculated so far that when I'm low on ammo, I've been able to squeeze through and find a new place to progress and get more stuff. I was worried at times when I was out of ammo with a number of zombies surrounding me that I'd have to revert and load my game in again.

Great game, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      Keep playing, some of your qualms will be allieved
                      ”Who are ya, what’re you doing here?”.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Oh look. Final boss and I've only got handgun bullets.

FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Didn't realise how much I'd missed Resident Evil ... this game is so good.
                          This game isn't just good, its something else. Not only does it have the action of the classic game, but Capcom has made it so scary to play with the new GFX and the incredible surround sound.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Oh look. Final boss and I've only got handgun bullets.

FFS.
                            Good luck.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I’ve just got Claire’s 2nd Run to go now. It’s a very enjoyable game, I’m not sure that the deluxe version was actually worth it though. All of the extra stuff is pretty rubbish I reckon. I don’t use any of the guns or the outfits.

The 4th Survivor is bananas though. I like it a lot.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                Good luck.
                                YEAH BOI I ONLY WENT AND ****ING DID IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X