Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 2

Well, someone had to...

I’ve never played the original (I know), so this is all new to me. It’s brilliant. Buy it.

Doing my first run on hardcore, Leon. So far so good! There have been plenty of challenging sections, one in particular, but I'm getting through it. I seen a bunch of people get fed up with Hardcore and restart though, so if you're thinking about doing a HC run, just know it is actually pretty damn tough lol. Loving the little nods to the original game, 2 obscure one I noticed:

the original STARS photo is in one of the dark room sinks, it's also in the STARS office. and the other one is the scantily clad female zombie found outside when you're putting the fire out on the helicopter, there's one like that in the original too

Comment

Just superb.

It treads the line between old school and modern so we'll.

So many things that you remember from the original and then the stuff that they will changed or mixed up to surprise is great.

2019 is off to a great gaming start.

Comment

Cool. Are the
        encounters scripted? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Cool. Are the

I've read somewhere that he just wanders about but will hunt you down 8f you make loads of noise (gunfire / explosions).

Comment

Cool. Are the
            There aren’t any. You’re on the run for the latter 2/3 of the game though.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Oh, I'm not sure what to think of this. So, if you shoot your gun later on, he tracks you down?

Comment

If he’s within the vicinity, otherwise you can ahoot away.

You can hear him stomping about so you know where he is, kinda. It’s easy to lose him though. I like when you’re a floor above him and you can see him trying to find you.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I was naively hoping this game would have the 'limp over the line before big cut-scene/chapter close and be at full health after' factor. No.

Loving this so much. Capcom have delivered a real gem.

Comment

As far as the two stories go, I prefer Claire’s. It’s more action-packed. The boss battles are more exciting for me. One of the cutscenes towards the end is completely WTF too.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Capcom are something else . This is incredible and also special mention must go to Dolby Atmos support, it adds so much to this gane, with sounds surrounding the room.

Comment

I think I'm going to ignore Wesker and open the door to this on the PS Store!

Comment

So far i stumbled through the first playthrough of leon even on assist mode it provided a challenge. Now i know the rough puzzle layout i can hopefully improve enough to start unlocking stuff. Need to do all other scenarios now but it's been a blast, so high quality.

Comment

Oh, I'm not sure what to think of this. So, if you shoot your gun later on, he tracks you down?
                            I’m loving this so far but this can be annoying when you can’t shake him and your in a room where you need to do a puzzle.

Comment

Go in gun’s blazing is my style of play. The standard zombies are tough as ****. They have crazy reach, so running around them isn’t really an option like it was in 1998. There are enough herbs, sprays and ammo to see you through just fine IMO. As long as you keep your wits about you, and trick the Tyrant, you can’t really die.

Aggresive play FTW.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X