No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only had time to start this up and get past Leon's initial opening section at the gas station. I need to do some calibrating on the controls, the default settings are a little over sensitive for aiming but the game is gorgeous looking and isn't skipping a beat (PC ver, 4K 60fps)

It's very quick to establish it's tone as well, the zombies immediately feeling like a threat. As a result of how little I've seen I've only used his handgun so as things stand the only thing I'm not keen on is the combat feeling like I'm firing a kids pea shooter, real lack of feedback and quality sound on that gun... maybe gunplay as a whole?

Comment

The first gun is definitely a pea shooter. Takes about ten bullets to the head to permanently put a zombie out of action. I was always short of ammo early on because of that. You're better off, whenever possible, putting 2 or 3 in the leg and leaving them on the floor.

Comment

Will do, I already emptied the thing pretty much felling the first one
        It's clear from the outset, they've really gone to town putting this game together

Comment

Oh and use the knife. I always shoot them until they're on the floor, then keep knifing them, preventing them from getting up. You can kill them with just a few bullets and a bit of wear to your knife.

Comment

OK... So after a few days break I loaded this up and started again (mainly because I wasted a tonne of ammo). I don't know why, but Mr X isn't turning up anywhere near as much. Before he was always where I wanted to be, haymakering me. Now, he'll be a floor above me, or easy to leg it from. I can only assume I was doing something wrong or the ai decided to stick it to me.
            I'll tentatively continue...

Comment

I've started on Claires 2nd play through. I much prefer this. She gets armed to the teeth! I'm swimming in ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                I've started on Claires 2nd play through. I much prefer this. She gets armed to the teeth! I'm swimming in ammo.
                Which obviously must mean that you is gonna need it, muddyfunster!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  I have started Leon 2nd Run and it is horrifying much harder than the A Scenario so far...

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  The Tyrant is always avoidable I find, even on the few scripted times that he shows up. He moves too slowly to be a threat, and he won’t follow you into every room in the place. He is quite annoying though on occasions where he is directly on the other side of a door when you just left him on the other side of the police station. He shouldn’t be able to teleport like that. He has got amazing eyesight too. I don’t know how he can see you two floors up in the main hall. I blame him for my runs all being only a few minutes outside of S Rank when you have to wait for him to get bored and walk away.
                  Ye I only find him bad when enemies are in the way and as you say on occasion he does appears a bit too conveniently.

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                  The first gun is definitely a pea shooter. Takes about ten bullets to the head to permanently put a zombie out of action. I was always short of ammo early on because of that. You're better off, whenever possible, putting 2 or 3 in the leg and leaving them on the floor.
                  My special tactic not seen too many others use (poss because needs more bullets) is to de leg the zombies then head shot.

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  I can't remember much about the Tyrant, and I have yet to find out his story in this yet, but I can't stop wondering why he wears a trench coat and trilby. Is this what he was wearing when he got created?
                  I shot his hat off so he wasn’t so cool looking.
                  Last edited by JU!; 09-02-2019, 15:02.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    I can't remember much about the Tyrant, and I have yet to find out his story in this yet, but I can't stop wondering why he wears a trench coat and trilby. Is this what he was wearing when he got created?
                    The coat is bulletproof and also contains a limiter which keeps the Tyrant in control. Which is why in both original and remake,

when he loses his coat he becomes super tyrant

Comment

Have had two pretty miniature sessions on this so far, but do like it. Turns out I dropped the ball a bit, having gone on to the first boss and the sections after without having got myself a weapon beyond the starting pistol, but in even more daft fashion I also missed the memo about two gunpowders making handgun ammo. I was planning on running around most things anyway, but even still have been running on empty for most of it

Comment

I've got the S Rank trophies now.

On to the fun playthroughs! Frugalist, carbon footprint and minimalst.

I think these can be done on assist so that should make it a lot more relaxing.

Doubt I will get any of them done tonight but it is also the free DLC day tomorrow.

What a package this has turned out to be.

Comment

I can't see me S-ranking this anytime soon ... which is a shame because I'd love and infinite ammo run through, guns-a-blazing.

Comment

Anyone else been through the DLC? They are pretty decent quality and certainly not easy!

I'm nearing completion of my minimalist run, just the hardcore ones to go after that, there is a ton of value in this package. Slightly annoyed at myself that I am missing one file for lore explorer and I just cannot think where it might be. Four scenarios to check makes it quite a lengthy process...

Oh and I splashed out the £2.49 to put the 1998 soundtrack in place, it is still awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                              Anyone else been through the DLC? They are pretty decent quality and certainly not easy!

I'm nearing completion of my minimalist run, just the hardcore ones to go after that, there is a ton of value in this package. Slightly annoyed at myself that I am missing one file for lore explorer and I just cannot think where it might be. Four scenarios to check makes it quite a lengthy process...

Oh and I splashed out the £2.49 to put the 1998 soundtrack in place, it is still awesome.

tried the upstairs bathroom in the Orphanage, as Claire ? That was my final one!

The original soundtrack is fantastic, the game seems to be lacking a bit, soundtrack wise, without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post

tried the upstairs bathroom in the Orphanage, as Claire ? That was my final one!

The original soundtrack is fantastic, the game seems to be lacking a bit, soundtrack wise, without it.
                                I managed to find it in the
                                of all places. Don't know how I missed it to be honest!

Comment

Working...
                                X