No announcement yet.

Tenet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, quite a few people have seen it twice.
    I know we all wanted to.

Comment

Is it genuinely that complex that it needs multiple viewings or is just awkwardly edited? I remember hearing the same response loads about Inception and Interstellar but neither required it as the stories ended up being not that complex. In Inceptions case it was just keeping track enough of the editing and scene shifts, in Interstellar is was just because the story ended up being ****

Comment

It's more complex than Inception with a kind of concentric construction. A lot of the reveals will be something you will likely guess as you watch it and some are more heavily hinted at. The lead, I think he was in Black Klasman too, has enough charisma and swagger to pull it off. Pretty sure he's wearing the famous Sean Connery in the stud farm suit at one point too.

Comment

Nice, being time focused it could have gone either way of being genuinely complex or just messily done. Still, not sure about going to the cinema for it though

Comment

Its definitely cinematic. I went to a superscreen and it was worth it for the sound alone.

Comment

I would say it's like the Sixth Sense in that if you know the ending and saw it again, you would watch it with different eyes, seeing things you didn't spot the first time around.

My local IMAX (a real sized one, not a fake Cineworld one) closed a few years ago.
              They've actually started showing films again like Shawshank and The Dark Knight, but not new films like TENET.

Comment

Never mind intricacies of plot. Does the tall crumpet get enough screen time?

Comment

She's in it loads.

The fate of humanity lies in the balance, but she needs more screen time, so that can wait.

Comment

Excellent. Hard the horn for her since she was sprayed gold in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      Excellent. Hard the horn for her since she was sprayed gold in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
                      Ah I thought she looked familiar.

Comment

We saw Tenet a few weeks ago in regular widescreen mode. In fact, the image was smaller than the projection screen, with black bars all around.

It was confusing but I sort of got what was going on.

Anyway, it’s my day off so I’ve booked to see it again in IMAX tonight. I’ve been digging around the internet for some explanations and I saw some very good diagrams about the timelines which helped a lot.

Comment

So I watched it again on Monday. I forgot to do any research so I tried looking at explanations on my phone in the auditorium before the film started but gave up.

I'm not sure if I get it. I mean, I got what was going on. At least, I knew how the film was going to play out so knew the gist of what people would say before they said it, and I could concentrate on the smaller details - especially the stuff at the top/bottom of the screen because it's IMAX!

Just like the first time, I had to rely on the Japanese subtitles on occasion because it was difficult to hear the dialogue. Did I mention it was in IMAX? I'm not alone in that, so fair dos.

Anyhoo, I was keeping an eye out for reds and blues and then lost my concentration and started thinking about Red vs Blue ("You ever wonder why we're here?" "It's one of life's great mysteries, isn't it? Why are we here?").

I'm still in awe at how good it looked and sounded, though. I needed to pee around 30 minutes in but I held it because I didn't want to miss anything in a film I'd already seen a few weeks earlier!

Recently we've just been using Netflix, etc, so I've been missing extra features but when this hits on BR I'll be grabbing it. Or at the very least renting it.

Comment

Went to see this at the movies, and although I didn't understand it, it was intriguing enough to keep me somewhat interested. It's too long, though, and I agree with comments made about the sound mix making it difficult to hear (what I gather were) key plot points.

Comment

If nothing else it's Tenet has become an eye opening movie for how arrogant Nolan is as a filmmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                                I agree with comments made about the sound mix making it difficult to hear (what I gather were) key plot points.
                                I found this when watching Inception recently ... had to put the subs on at times[/oldfogey]

Comment

Working...
                                X