No announcement yet.

Tenet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second trailer and it's starting ot teg na gniria fo hem ot em.

Comment

I can't be arsed with it. None of his films need a rewatch. Once I watched Inception or interstellar I never wanted to see them again. That to me isn't a good sign.

Comment

As a counter to that, I've watched Interstellar seven times (or eight?), and loved it every time; but I only watched Inception once (it was okay), and thought Dunkirk one of the most ludicrous pieces of cinema I'd ever seen. Hans Zimmer was good in all of them though.

Comment

I can take or leave Nolan. Memento was brilliant though.

Comment

I’m a fan of Nolan’s film mostly, I’m not a fan of Dunkirk though. I’m still not sure about this one either

Comment

I’d forgotten about Memento. That was very good (though less so on second viewing for obvious reasons). I had the DVD, which restored the sequences to chronological order, but I never watched that version. It seemed pointless.

Comment

I've still not seen Following, Memento or Insomnia. Of his others though:

-Batman Begins: Good stuff
                -The Prestige: Good stuff
                -The Dark Knight: Good but worse than Begins
                -Inception: Okay
                -Dark Knight Rises: Weak
                -Interstellar: Meh
                -Dunkirk: Meh

Time is such a well worn trope that I think in trying to appear mysterious it's just left these trailers with a very tired looking gimmick to rely on. Whilst there may well be much more to it this seems like the absolute worst major film to try and kick start cinemas in a pandemic with.

Comment

Its interesting to read that you thought The Dark Knight was worse than Batman Begins. I'd have to watch his other films again to remind myself if they stand up to repeat viewing (Interstellar's a long one so that might be a challenge).

Comment

I'd rate Dark Knight highly enough as a film in of itself but I find Begins to be a better overall Batman film and the one I'd watch of the two. Take Ledger out of TDK and that film would get winded a lot.

Comment

The PR line from the exhibition industry in recent weeks, including the North American Theater Owners group in recent days, is that most cinemas will be open again on time for Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” on July 17th. That messaging has been held onto like a barnacle stuck to a galleon, even as the COVID-19 pandemic […]

Latest word on Tenet seems to be that cinemas are trying to grasp mist by pushing to reopen for July and that the film will be delayed, a new date only not being announced because Warner's hasn't settled on one yet. With Tenet looking to delay it makes Wonder Woman 1984 once again the next biggest film assuming Disney won't stick with its unpromoted July second date for Mulan. Increasingly it seems likely that WW84 will see another delay also.

Comment

Delayed by two weeks to give cinemas a little longer to reopen, very close to the studios own Wonder Woman 1984 now so that may move too soon

Comment

Inception is Nolan's best film in my opinion as it combines a grandiose scale with a concept that surpasses The Matrix, but is predominantly an intimate story about grief and loss.

The central tenet of the film is Cobb's relationship with his wife, everything else is window dressing. The third act could be slightly shortened and plays out like a snow-covered Call of Duty homage, I would tweak that. Everything else is Grade A including the cast. Plus the soundtrack is fantastic. Mombasa is a brilliant piece of music by Zimmer.

All these quasi rumours of TENET being a sequel to INCEPTION had me really excited,

I just wish I had not watched the second trailer. WTF a major spoiler in plain dialogue. Should have gone silent running on it.

TENET looks immense, and Nolan is easily the heir to Ridley Scott as the UK's most well-respected filmmaker.
                          Last edited by CAPCOM; 21-06-2020, 18:09.

Comment

Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” has been delayed again, this time from July 31st to its new home on Wednesday August 12th. That’s not all though as the “Inception” re-release, which had taken the original July 17th “Tenet” slot, has been delayed until July 31st. The studio’s official Mexico site recently updated that country’s release to Friday […]

Tenet has been delayed again to 12 August and once released will be kept in cinemas for an ice age. I'm not really sure why WB is playing chicken with Coronavirus so much with this film, 12 August... 19 August... end of August... these small adjustments will still all result in the same thing - not enough sales to meet the inflated profit margin they need for this film. Knock it to TBC 2021 and be done with it.

Comment

While many blockbusters have been pushed back by months or even a year by the COVID-19 pandemic, the one film that is adamant about staying the course is Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet”. As has been reported before, the studio would be fine with delaying the film for months but it is Nolan himself (and exhibitors as […]

He might have done well for the studio but it's really time that Warner's put Nolan back in his box.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                https://www.darkhorizons.com/nolans-...of-solidarity/
                                He might have done well for the studio but it's really time that Warner's put Nolan back in his box.
                                $400 million to break even? How much did this film cost??

Comment

Working...
                                X