Tenet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    $400 million to break even? How much did this film cost??
    About $200 million. Then there's marketing costs etc to take into consideration.

I think that's generally the rule of thumb. Budget X 2 to break even.

Comment

Not sure of how true but a more recent report says Tenet needs $800m to break even

A few days ago came the report that China is planning to re-open movie theaters in low-risk areas according to the China Film Association. The July 20th reopening date comes with several health and safety measures, the most unique of which being movies released in China can’t run more than two hours in an effort […]

And unless it cuts over half an hour from the runtime it will be barred from release in China

Comment

2020 is still being earmarked based on the film getting a staggered release but effectively Tenet has been indefinitely delayed

Comment

With Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet” pulled from its mid-August global release, we learned last week the new plan now is to likely open in global markets and States safe enough to show the film first and then roll it out in areas that are able to get their pandemic under control. Then earlier this morning, eagle […]

Warners seems hellbent on taking a financial hit on Tenet as they push ever onwards with constantly shifting release dates. They have no overhauled the release schedule to stagger releasing the film with it now opening on:

26 August 2020
          Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and the UK

27 August 2020
          Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, Middle East, New Zealand, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates.

28 August 2020
          East Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Spain and Vietnam

02 September 2020
          U.S.A.

03 September 2020
          Kuwait and Qatar

10 September 2020
          Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Kazakhstan, Russia

18 September 2020
          Japan

No Planned Release Currently
          Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Comment

Oh jesus, just give us a VOD release already. I'm not going to a cinema in August like some kind of insane person.

Comment

Hmmm... miss Tenet or get covid? Miss Tenet or get covid?

Think I might give this one a skip.

Comment

I still feel like no-ones more hyped for this than Nolan himself. Even pre-COVID it seemed like a tall order to sell this one to the levels needed, the current push is just madness.

Comment

I'd like to see this on the big screen but.......

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Oh jesus, just give us a VOD release already. I'm not going to a cinema in August like some kind of insane person.
                    I've a big enough TV and decent soundbar to allow it to look good.

I'll even get the wife to check her phone a few times and throw snacks about to give it the real cinema feel.

Comment

All these delays are absolutely untenetable!

I'll get my coat...

Comment

Tickets for Tenet are now on sale and Vue have said that sales for the film account for 60% of all UK cinema ticket sales. It's hard to push that as great news though given how low ticket sales are currently so a translation into how the film will do is off the table.

Comment

I'm not a massive Nolan fan, his films feel cold and full of grey or cold and full of brown or cold and full of both. With silvery bits.

One thing you can't doubt is that innate, egocentric feeling of gravitas and "importance" his films emit, they're certainly a spectacle at least the first time around.

They just fade on a second viewing, the ones I've seen (I count seven). And I'll say that TENET looks like a funky version of INCEPTION and I quite fancy seeing it.

Once. Just the once.

Anyhoo, would you rather go on a night out in Burton's vision of BATMAN or Nolan's???

I'd say no mother****in contest.

Comment

The King

Comment

It could be the only film I see for the rest of the year but I don't know if to risk Tenet this week. There's a screening that's not too busy by the looks but reviews are fairly meh...

Comment

This is a film that's going to be best enjoyed after a couple of viewings. It certainly kept me entertained and it does provide hints but I think it would be very easy to lose track of who is where and in what state. As ever with Mr Nolan's films it looks great and has some cracking action seqeunces. Might catch it again at the cinema seeing as it's so cheap and quiet at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X