xbox One issues and Fortnite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox One issues and Fortnite

My son's Xbox One got what I understand is a blank screen of death tonight. Faced with no real options I performed a full system reset via a boot menu. But the problems were still there when we tried to set the system up again. So I thought it was broken.

Now, I had a spare One S in the cupboard for such eventualities and decided to replace it with that. Got so far then got a hobbled home screen and no way of signing in.

So I checked again online and see there are many issues being reported tonight. So I'm sitting tight and hoping i haven't bricked a second system.

AND ...

Biggest worry my son has is will all his Fortnite stuff be intact on a new console? Does anybody know the answer to this? Are purchases and progress linked to xbox accounts or Epic accounts?

Please put our minds at ease ...

Someone else will probably give a more detailed response, but I would be very very surprised if all of the Fortnite stuff wasn't safely in the cloud.

Also, probably a silly question, but have you tried switching Xboxs on without connecting them to the internet at all, to see if they function then? If the problem is occurring across both, I doubt either are actually busted. Looking at Xbox support page it looks like 'Xbox Live Core Services' are currently down, so quite probably the whole of Xbox Live is temporarily broken atm.

Comment

It’s fine. All your game saves etc are in “the cloud” and will transfer to the new console.

Comment

Xbox had a service issue earlier that stupidly caused any connected machines to get a black home screen if online.

It's working now

Comment

Thanks guys, that's reassuring. Can't check now as I'm in A&E with eldest (suspected fractured toe).

Eventful night.

Thanks again

Comment

Quick update: I tried the One S at midnight last night. Got signed in, set Fortnite downloading, no probs My son fired up Fortnite this morning and everything was intact (you guys were spot on ).

My biggest worry was that (a) we'd have set up an Epic games account when first playing and I'd forgotten the email address/password ... or (b) we'd set up no Epic Games account and therefore would have no access to all the (sigh) skins and stuff that has been bought over time.

That it's all there straight away after simply signing into LIVE is a huge relief. Phew.

So the One S will be his permanent console now ... and the clunky old launch juggernaut will be the spare (hope we never need it).

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X