No announcement yet.

Resident Evil VIIIage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it first came on I wasn't sure if it was going to be the rumoured Silent Hill project, then recognisable stuff kicked in. If the rumours are true this entry started life as a spin-off whilst the real Resident Evil VIII now remains in development and has become Resident Evil IX which may explain why it's styled away from VII

Comment

Thats the confusing thing though, in the developer message video the producers said that its not actually called Resident Evil VIII but that they are treating it like the next mainline game and they have the roman numerals for eight in the village title.

Whats a bit concerning is that this is by the team that did Resi 3 remake and it was originally a revelations spin-off. I just hope that Capcom arent just rushing this out the door and that they actually give the developers the time they need to make the game the best it can be as that seemed to be one of the major issues with r3make which had a lot of stuff cut out and suffered a lot of development issues

Comment

I think the Werewolves will be very cool. I did like REVII and scared the pants off me in VR. The atmosphere looks good I suppose they needed to put a slight spin on the Zombie formula again else may get stale.

Comment

Can’t wait for this one as I loved 7. Playing that with PSVR was something special and fully enjoyed it from start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
            I think the Werewolves will be very cool. I did like REVII and scared the pants off me in VR. The atmosphere looks good I suppose they needed to put a slight spin on the Zombie formula again else may get stale.
            I have a feeling those are not werwolves but a variation on the those El Gigante enemies from RE4, as they look very similar in appearance.

I could be way off the mark, but it feels like it is set in the same village as RE4 also...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Capcom seem to be giving us both, with the remakes and now this. I got a resi 4 vibe from it in parts. Will they do vr again though?
              Looks too graphically intense for VR, at least on PS4. Shame as RE7 in VR was simply incredible, even with the crappy PSVR headset.

Comment

Some new info in here from an apparent play test including some chatter about VR.

Comment

Just can't not wait for this game ..

Comment

Ah god. Just skimmed those leaked impressions. This sounds so good

I loved VII so much (although the last third on the boat should have even cut entirely). Really glad they’ve made another first person game.

Comment

I need to finish the VR game!

Comment

Resident Evil Village - that's Resident Evil 8 - sounds like it may also release on current-gen consoles. That's despit…

Capcom are looking into the possibility of PS4/XBO versions of the game, they were previously cancelled due to difficulties the consoles had running the game

Comment

Surely this is related to financials taking a hit in the pandemic? Perhaps it being only next gen and them gauging it's safer to tap into the current platforms for higher sales?

Comment

This would be great. If it 'only' runs and looks as good as Resi 7 I'd be chuffed. I wonder, though, whether Capcom might just be speculatively hanging a red 'kerchief out of their back trouser pocket, by way of tempting Sony and Microsoft to throw them some coin to keep it a next gen exclusive. It's certainly one of the franchises I'd be tempted make the next gen leap for.

Comment

Better be in VR

Comment

Out May 7th PS5 Demo no live

Comment

Working...
                                X