No announcement yet.

Resident Evil VIIIage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should just disable RT outright for the console version, just another example that the 60fps PS5/XSX won't last long especially as RE8 is hardly 'next-gen'

Comment

I don't get that 45fps option... Especially on the Series S where it's both modes. Surely a 1080p60 mode would have been better?

Edit, ok just saw it's 30fps with RT on... 45fps with it off for Series S both at 1440p. That's just weird.

I'll reserve judgement till it's out

Comment

Also, I own RE7 and I've still not played it (yeah I know)... Is it mandatory to play 7 before 8? Sounds like I should yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Also, I own RE7 and I've still not played it (yeah I know)... Is it mandatory to play 7 before 8? Sounds like I should yeah?
          I definitely would. Great game

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            8 looks like it directly follows 7s story so yeah I would.

Comment

Rumour is that RE7, RE8 and RE9 will form a sort of trilogy arc. That being said I can't remember much of RE7's story, the atmosphere was amazing but the story was forgettable

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Rumour is that RE7, RE8 and RE9 will form a sort of trilogy arc. That being said I can't remember much of RE7's story, the atmosphere was amazing but the story was forgettable
                I think all the Resi stories are to be honest.

Comment

RE7 was great until the second person started chasing me around the house and I died over and over till deleting it

Comment

I really wouldn't worry about any plot arc or getting up to speed. Plot of Resi 7 is 'Umbrella Corps bioweapon shenanigans leads to a new virus mutation which breaks containment - people infected and chaos ensues'. Exactly the same as all others and the next will be the same, except with mutations that now look more like werewolves than zombies.

Comment

Ps4, pro and PS5 comparisons.

Highlights:
                      PS5 loads the demo in 2 seconds, on ps4 its around 30 seconds.
                      4k mode on Pro and PS5 are both checkerboard.
                      4k60 ps5 is rock solid. Dips are seen on ps4 and pro (at lower framerates).
                      RT mode doesnt really look worth it in my opinion.

Comment

They should just disable RT outright for the console version, just another example that the 60fps PS5/XSX won't last long especially as RE8 is hardly 'next-gen'
                        The should have the RT but lower the resolution.

Comment

I'd missed that this was how Capcom was dealing with demo. Much like SFV's bodged launch, I wish Capcom would fire whoever is in charge of community engagement and simply get back to just releasing things complete and in a normal fashion

Comment

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...pects-our-time
                            I'd missed that this was how Capcom was dealing with demo. Much like SFV's bodged launch, I wish Capcom would fire whoever is in charge of community engagement and simply get back to just releasing things complete and in a normal fashion
                            Yeah I preinstalled it. Booted it up but it wasn't ready to use yet, tried again yesterday and I'd missed the boat. Uninstalled. Completely pointless.

Comment

Same, same.

I was wondering if there were any unlocks to be obtained for the main game, like a coin or something. Anyone know?

Comment

Jeez I didn't even realise it was a timed thing... Well that's just silly...

Comment

Working...
                                X