Resident Evil VIIIage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Apparently £40 on PS5 in Tesco of you have a Clubcard.
    Use the code GRFT4P gets it down to £35 get ordering peeps

Comment

Normally I'd be gutted at dropping £55 on it but I enjoyed my first couple of hours so much last night I don't care.

Comment

I'm very curious to see some of the new areas having only done the original demo. Capcom's art direction is clearly stellar but it's been interesting to read about any performance issues given again there was absolutely nothing beyond PS4/XBO gen about the game so it's hard to believe the newer machines actually have caps. I feel like audiences have been setting an insanely low bar for expectations of what next-gen games should be looking like so far so if this is like the demo I'd be very critical of any dips etc.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
          Wow! This sure is the least fun I've had with a game in ages! Every two minutes control is taken away from you to do a first person cutscene. Some of them go on for so long I started browsing Twitter while they were playing.

Early on there is a set piece fight where you're attacked by loads of enemies. Instead of being a thrilling fight through a well designed opening area (Resi 4 and 5), I found myself just running around for ages trying to find what would make the end of it trigger. The first few enemies have inflated health values so you expend loads of ammo on them (five minutes later the same enemies go down with less ammo) and then you get put into this set piece with them with barely any ammo. So you know you can't fight your way out and thus there is some kind of trigger for ending the sequence. So I just ran around until YET ANOTHER cutscene triggered and the set piece ended.

Also, there sure are a lot of Americans in this European village.

Hate it.
          DF stated that the first hour of the game is story driven heavy but once you get to the castle the game opens up.

Comment

It's a fair point Neon, but as we all know there are no huge generational leaps these days. So far I'm impressed with the refinement I've seen with the new gen. And playing Village last night I thought some of the detail in the interiors is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
              DF stated that the first hour of the game is story driven heavy but once you get to the castle the game opens up.
              I got a chunk into the castle and after spending a fair chunk of it in non-interactive cutscenes, I approached a door and said to myself "If opening this door triggers a cutscene, the game is going off". Fast forward to now and it is in a postbox after a brief 5 minutes on ebay.

What's bizarre is that I encountered the merchant twice and between those two times, there had been no enemies or gameplay beside walking between cutscene triggers. So what's the point of buying anything from him if there's nothing to use it on?

Here's one thing I did like:

Because this is a Story Driven Realistic Looking First Person Shooter, it is required that the player has awful things happen to them in first person. In this game the frequency of brutal injuries sustained by the player in non-interactive sequences is hilarious. Most of the time he yells about it in a cutscene and then acts like nothing happened immediately after. However, in one of the cutscenes that happened just before I turned the game off in anger, yet another Edgy Brutal Thing happens to the player and in the cutscene the player uses one of the in game healing items on the wound to explain why the very debilitating injury no longer causes them any trouble. Most games don't bother with that and I thought it was a neat touch.

Comment

We are getting into first play territory now but I like it.

First two problems though, the setting isn't as good as RE7 and it isn't in VR. It just needs to be, RE7 was a great game elevated to an astounding one, this one is going to struggle to live up to it for me, it feels more like a game and less like an experience already.

I will see it through but it will have to pick up in every way possible to beat the quality of its immediate predecessor, boat section included.

Comment

I'm really enjoying it. Yes Resi 7 was sublime in VR but this has got me entertained

Comment

Some controversy regarding monster design plagiarism from a film called Frankenstein’s Army. It’s hard to defend Capcom when you see the source.

Spoilered as it’s possibly the coolest monster in the game:

Comment

Even the wall in the first comparison looks the same!

Comment

It's pretty blatant but to be honest the second that portion of the game came up and that enemy the game reeked of ripping off Bioshock. It's a nice design and Capcom can't dodge being in the wrong but Big Daddy remains the Daddy

Comment

Yeah Frankenstein army ripped off bioshock (just change the drill for a propeller) and resi ripped that off and bioshock ripped off pyramid head maybe. Whatever! Lol

Comment

Tonight's Capcom E3 2021 livestream brought a brief update on Resident Evil Village.Capcom confirmed that DLC for the g…

Multiplayer lands in July and DLC has entered production

Comment

Experienced performance issues on PC - Denuvo strikes again as the cracked version see's performance lift

Comment

Resident Evil Village's Shadows of Rose DLC will serve as Capcom's final act for the Winters family, the publisher has …

The games DLC will end the Winters characters storyline

Comment

Working...
                                X