No announcement yet.

Resident Evil VIIIage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding RE7, I've shied away from it as from the demos I saw, it seemed to be a horror experience rather than a shoot zombies and do light puzzles thing. I don't really like scary game too. However, if it does have classic, say RE4 elements, I will give it a go. Does it or has the series gone kind of Alien Isolation?

Comment

I managed to play through the short demo, titled ‘Maiden’ last night after the online showcase for the upcoming RE: Village game, now slated for 7th May, 2021.

The look and feel of the game from the trailers and the demo, is very much the same as RE: 7 from my perspective. But I am impressed with the 3D audio of the demo which helped create a foreboding atmosphere. The demo serves more of a quick taste of what is to come and sets an interesting tone to it all.

I won’t say too much, but it’s worth a go, just don’t expect too much from it and you will enjoy the experience. I had to adjust the lighting and controls a bit as being about atmosphere, everything is rather moody... Best played with headphones on

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...sive-after-all
        Capcom are looking into the possibility of PS4/XBO versions of the game, they were previously cancelled due to difficulties the consoles had running the game
        While it would be nice to try it on PS4 if they are struggling to get it to run at a decent enough standard they should have the grace to skip and keep it on current gen, I would rather have an incentive to get a ps5 than them pull a cyberjunk and halfarse it and end up making me hate the game on ps4

Comment

It was confirmed last night during the showcase that it's coming to last gen systems, with free upgrades to next gen on offer.

Comment

I thought it looked very underwhelming tbh

Comment

I thought it looked very good although the current visuals were not 'next gen system seller' standard for me. I imagine it'll run fine on PS4 and whatever the last gen Microsoft machine is called (sorry I get confused on this). The Unreal Engine is excellent and looked glorious in the remakes.

Comment

I thought it looked a bit meh in the videos but without access to the demo on PS5 I've yet to see it running anywhere outside of YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                  I thought it looked very good although the current visuals were not 'next gen system seller' standard for me. I imagine it'll run fine on PS4 and whatever the last gen Microsoft machine is called (sorry I get confused on this). The Unreal Engine is excellent and looked glorious in the remakes.
                  It's known as the Xbox Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious X

Comment

Massively disappointed. I thought this was going to be like sim city but resident evil themed

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Massively disappointed. I thought this was going to be like sim city but resident evil themed
                      Now that I'd play.
                      Tornadoes, fires and Zombie Apocalypse

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        I thought it would be peopled with cowboys, cops and construction workers. Wasted opportunity. PS Plus sub cancelled.

(Secretly hoping it’s not at intense as VII, more old school RE)
                        Last edited by Atticus; 22-01-2021, 20:26.

Comment

I will likely never play this but I do want to mention that I like the big lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I will likely never play this but I do want to mention that I like the big lady.
                            I can't imagine why...

Comment

The Tall Lady internet perving is...something else. It's gonna keep sites like Kotaku in articles for years.

Comment

Resident Evil Village actor Jeanette Maus has died aged 39.Maus, who died on Sunday night due to complications associat…

Jeanette Maus, the 39yr old actor behind several characters in the game, has died

Comment

Working...
                                X