Weird issue with PCE Core Grafx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird issue with PCE Core Grafx

I went to play some of the new games I bought on my Core Grafx today and I got a weird issue where a few of the games were playing with a buzzing sound and there were black bars rolling on the screen.

However it wasn’t all games, only some, but always the same ones.

At first I thought it was the games playing up so I gave them a bit of a clean but the same issue happens. I dug out my Duo and tried the games on that....And they all work fine, no buzzing, no rolling bars.

This indicates to me that the problem is with the Core Grafx, but why are some working fine and others not?
    Of all the games I tried it was the same 3 that were playing with an issue. Chuka Taisen, Aoi Blink and Rabio Lepus.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

Is the power supply for the Duo interchangeable with the Core Grafx? If it is swap them round and try those games again.

Comment

Give this man a round of applause!

The PSUs are not interchangeable however I looked at the powers of the PSUs and while they were both 9v the Duo was 1A and the Core Crafx was only 400ma. Quick read up and this is actually low for the Core Grafx, so digging out and trying a 9v 1A PSU, BAM! all games play sound as dollar pound.

Thanks a lot!

Is it common knowledge that this type of thing is due to lack of power?

Comment

More often than not.

Comment

I use a Mega Drive 10V 1.2A PSU with my PC Engine and Core Grafx. It was recommended that I use that years ago.

Comment

Working...
          X