Modded GBA with 'ghosting' problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded GBA with 'ghosting' problem.

I bought a modded GBA with a backlit screen a while back, but unfortunately it has severe ghosting that really spoils the image.

Does anyone know where I can get the screen upgraded to one without ghosting?

Thanks for any help.

Check the retro forum over on RLLMUK. The guy called Das replaced my real 101 screen with a newer Chinese one and now there's practically zero ghosting, with more vibrant colours. It's like a 2.0 upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Check the retro forum over on RLLMUK. The guy called Das
      I'll try to contract him. Thanks.

Comment

Hmmm... I could really do with one of these. Or even just those later SP models they made. I ended up playing most of my GBA games on the Mini because I adore the screen but it's so small now for my older eyes and I could do with a better system to play on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Hmmm... I could really do with one of these.
          I think the SP AGS-101 model is quite expensive these days. I have one and use it now and then, but I prefer the original GBA design, as it feels nicer to use.

The ghosting on my upgraded original GBA is really bad, which is strange because it's OK on my SP. So I need to get it upgraded to a Chinese screen.

Comment

I sold a CIB AGS-101 a few months back on eBay. Went for £235 in the end. All 101 screens have ghosting except these newer Chinese ones.

Prefer my 001 to be honest but I mainly use a Micro or a DS Lite

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
              All 101 screens have ghosting except these newer Chinese ones.
              My SP with a 101 screen has a bit of ghosting but I don't mind it. The modded GBA has really bad ghosting. Maybe it's just a bad screen, or it's damaged. I will hopefully be able to get it replaced.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 07-02-2019, 11:44.

Comment

Working...
              X