Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apex Legends - f2p Battle Royale out now (Xbox One, PS4 & PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you are super **** hot at shooting and lucky with looting then your best idea is to landed somewhere where nobody else is going.

Wait to jump out of the dropship, you can look around and see the direction of travel of most of the other squads. Tip: people rarely land directly below the path of travel for the dropship

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      I’d rather start off with a set weapon set than running around trying to rng a flipping weapon. Ridiculous way of doing it.
      Like most battle royal games you learn the maps and learn where the best loot is, the problems is other will find this out too and this makes it all about risk vs reward, Take Fortnite Tilted towers has a **** ton of guns normally so makes itself a hot spot of activity, scouring the outskirts of the map is safer but it may mean you don't find as many weapons.

my best tip would be jump in feet first into busy areas you may get shot to **** but you more than likely will get to try out different weapons too and will get far more accustomed to the game than hanging in the fringes and having the odd battle.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 07-02-2019, 10:42.

Comment

Ironically, in Blackout and PUBG I always found the same approach worked best of landing in as quiet a place as possible then hiding out until the circle closes with you out of it, then make your way into the zone and hide again. Over the course of a map you'll always undoubtedly pick up a couple of bog standard weapons and health items at the least whilst only facing 1 or so players at the very most. The vast majority of the time you'll get into the Top 10 simply by playing patient, after that the circle is small enough to play defensive stealth. Sometimes it works but sometimes not depending on luck and where the smaller zone is located but it's not that hard to get into the last stage of 3-4 players facing off where it doesn't really matter who has what, first to spot nearly always gets the kill.

My problem is that BR's only goal is to get the top spot, once I've done that I find it really hard to motivate myself to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          Like most battle royal games you learn the maps and learn where the best loot is, the problems is other will find this out too and this makes it all about risk vs reward, Take Fortnite Tilted towers has a **** ton of guns normally so makes itself a hot spot of activity, scouring the outskirts of the map is safer but it may mean you don't find as many weapons.

my best tip would be jump in feet first into busy areas you may get shot to **** but you more than likely will get to try out different weapons too and will get far more accustomed to the game than hanging in the fringes and having the odd battle.
          I’ll stick to Titanfall 2 mp & Destiny. This is for kids to stream and watch others play.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            I’ll stick to Titanfall 2 mp & Destiny. This is for kids to stream and watch others play.
            "it's Old Man Withers the guy who runs the haunted amusement park!"

"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you snoopin' kids!"

Comment

That’s three wins under the belt, more than I’ve ever had in PUBG/Blackout/Fortnite.
              Still really enjoying this and over level 20 now, well on my way to 50. I almost have enough cash to buy a character via earned currency clocking over 18 hours now, I’m sure once Crackdown 3 drops I’ll drop this for a bit but until then I’ll keep playing.

Comment

Really like that launching music.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  Really like that launching music.
                  Is that the one that sounds like it samples Fatboyslim?

Comment

Yeah it does a bit. Right here, right now, right here etc

Comment

I was gonna give this a bash but then stopped the moment I realised I'd have to install Origin.

Comment

Not got a console to play it on, Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          Not got a console to play it on, Dave?
                          Nope.

Comment

I've paid to unlock all the legends with real money, or specifically a gift card earned from MS rewards. Figured I couldn't be bothered grinding to level 40-50 and really wanted to try them out. Both of them bring something to the table.

Comment

I’ll tell you what I love about this game, it’s just so seamless with minimum inventory management, especially when it comes to equipping scopes and stocks etc. Having it auto equip the best stuff onto your weapons when you pick it up, even your secondary weapon, just keeps you moving with absolutely no need to stop and look at an inventory.

It’s an incredible version of battle royale that removes all the needlessly slow and complicated mechanics which in turn keep it fast paced.
                              Averages about 20-30 min rounds as well, unless you are unlucky at the start, hell even if you are unlucky your not out the fight with the respawn system they have in place, I love running to get a teammates revive tag and bringing them back at a respawn station, especially if you do two.

I used the Wraith character to pick up a team mate using her special, I activated the teleport ran straight over put the exit teleport down, grabbed the tag, took some fire ran through teleport back to where I started, thew down two fire grenades at the entrance of my teleporter, one of the opposite team chased through started taking damage immediately I downed them, teleport closed leaving that downed player miles away from teammates, finished him off and bolted to a respawn station. Job done, felt like a total bad ass which this game does a great job with.

Comment

Decided to try this today as everyone seems to be playing it. Didn't realise it was on Origin, which has been a bit of a stumbling block.

I've never used Origin. I was always put off, firstly because I generally avoid other storefronts, but also because the last time I tried to use EA's online services was Battlefield Heroes, and it was a nightmare I'd blocked out until I searched through my emails. I had an "EA online" account when Burnout 3 came out on Xbox (which you needed to log into to play it, due to EA's bull**** of wanting to be able to "turn off" online games when sequels came out). As a result, I never got to play Battlefield Heroes because that time EA revamped their online service, they pulled in older accounts and screwed some of them up, so I couldn't reclaim my info despite a lengthy back and forth with their customer services.

So it turned out, when I just tried to log in yesterday, that I had 3 Origin accounts. EA consolidated all their accounts into Origin, so I had the original one, an account for The Old Republic, and another which was created on their job listing site from back when I applied to be a tester at EA in around 2007, and now these accounts were a fustercluck of permissions and half-finished registrations. I had to get EA's chat support to straighten it out, and extricate one, functional account (I picked the SWTOR one).

So that's done, and I downloaded Origin... Which managed to lock up my computer for a good 2-3 minutes when it was installing, though now that seems to be over.

Already this has been a bit aggravating, but it's finally downloading. I hope it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X