Activision Blizzard facing layoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
    I understood the delicious irony @Superman Falls referred to, was that whilst EA blames including single player for lack of sales, Activision is trumpeting the return of single player campaign. All while both multiplayer FPSs underperform.
    Yeah; I didn't explain it well but this is kinda what I mean about interpreting their data. In a shooter, players might just rinse the campaign once over 12 hours, then play 1000 hours of the multiplayer. They might even buy content for the multiplayer (and none for the single player). The obvious (but evidently-wrong) conclusion there is to axe the single player and focus on multiplayer, but that doesn't consider that a fair few players will simply not buy the game if it doesn't at least have some single-player content.

Comment

Yep. I reckon that would be very true about GTAV. They’re making an absolute killing on the online money but I think that not only did it sell on the single player but, even now after GTA online, I still think a new one would have to sell on the single player too.

Comment

I'd be a spot on example for that. If they released Grand Theft Auto Online 2 this year with no SP content, I wouldn't buy it at all.

They released GTA5 and I've bought that three times, I've played GTA Online on all three versions I've owned but the total time I've played is probably no more than 3-4hrs because it's utter dog**** yet because I made a new character each time Rockstars stats probably think there's three more users GTAOnline can add to its immense stats even though its inclusion didn't affect the sale of the game to me at all.

Comment

Working...
        X