Loading 2nd Level on Spectrum R-Type using Spectaculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading 2nd Level on Spectrum R-Type using Spectaculator

Hi I played through the first level of Spectrum R-Type using the Spectaculator Emulator (I own the full version). After I finish Level 1. It says "Loading Level 2, Start tape" and then nothing happens. How do I load the 2nd level using this emulator? I only have one file for R-Type. Should I have more?

Theres tape control options in spectaculator if it's not auto loading try looking for the controls and manually press stop or play when needed theres a lot of options in spectaculator im sure theres one in there to autoload files. Not really had that kind of problem when playing multi load games they tend to just start & stop when needed, it might be also down to the file format your game z80/tzx/sna. ect.

Comment

It'll need to be a .TAP or .TZX file as these are tape images. The .Z80 and .SNA files are just memory dumps so won't do anything at the end of the level.

What image type are you using?

Comment

Thanks both of you for the help.

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        It'll need to be a .TAP or .TZX file as these are tape images. The .Z80 and .SNA files are just memory dumps so won't do anything at the end of the level.

What image type are you using?
        I was using a snap shot file I think, I've found a TAP file now.

What happens if I want to save a snapshot and continue from that point? Can I do that when I'm initially using a TAP file?

Comment

If you generate a snapshot file, you won't have the rest of the data from the tap file as again it'll just be a memory dump - if you're talking about a save state, you'll just restore to that save state and be able to load as your tap file is still where you're loading data from.

You might be able to repoint to a tap file after initially loading from a snapshot, but as I'm not particularly familiar with Spectaculator I can't say for certain that'll work, depends whether it does a soft reset when you select a source file; it might be worth a go though.

Comment

Thanks for the help. It works with a saved snapshot in Spectaculator. It still stores the tape data. So it can be loaded next time it's needed.

Enjoying the game now, rather than stressing about how to continue when I finish a level.

Comment

Working...
            X