Sega Astro Restore Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Regarding putting those stickers on you can spray your cabinet sides with window cleaner spray then put the sticker on with a layer of moisture underneath you can slide them around to your hearts content till they are perfectly in place then use a squeegee to press out the window cleaner under the sticker it will dry flat and as it dries the sticker glue will grip. It’s a common technique, google it to read up if you have never tried it but it’s far safer than trying to put them on dry especially with valuable stickers.
    I've watched the Aussie pinball guy do this before and Zaki recommended the same thing. I just feel a bit weird about using window cleaner! Would water work, or is it just cleaner? Any recommendations for window cleaner and squeegee? I've applied CPO art with a squeegee before but think mine is a bit crap.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I just used water on the Canary. Also buy a new squeegee. Your NOS art deserves it

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        Also buy a new squeegee. Your NOS art deserves it
        Already ordered me 'ol China.

Comment

Only ever seen americans do it while I watch restoration vids and they used windex which is why I mentioned window cleaner as that would be the closest thing but I think water would work in a spray bottle the stickers should be vinyl so water won’t affect either the material or the glue, just vital the surfaces you are putting them on are super smooth so when you push the liquid out it leaves no bubbles.

Probably a good idea to lay it on it’s side to apply the art as the water won’t run off and it will be easier to position the sticker and work on it.
          Last edited by importaku; 02-03-2019, 13:11.

Comment

Might be a good ide to scan that sticker art so if you ever need a replacement you would have something for a vinyl sticker company to work with in making a repro as they are not a easy thing to find.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Might be a good ide to scan that sticker art so if you ever need a replacement you would have something for a vinyl sticker company to work with in making a repro as they are not a easy thing to find.
              Olly already makes repros but have messaged him to see if he needs a scan of these

Comment

Super jealous. This is about the only thing I'd let go of my existing retro trolley for.

I'd love to see my wife's reaction if I spent this much money and time on such a "monstrosity".

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Super jealous. This is about the only thing I'd let go of my existing retro trolley for.

I'd love to see my wife's reaction if I spent this much money and time on such a "monstrosity".
                  My fiancée encouraged me to get it, and then paid for some it and bought a transformer too, she's a goodun

Comment

Sounds like it's coming along nicely, just read the bit about using it with Mame and then you tried RetroArch and Switchres, which has got me curious...

I've just dug out my GroovyMame 74 bit Windows 7 PC with CRT emudriver with some frontend I don't remember - maybe Attract Mode, whatever it is - it's got a really dull theme on it and I'd like to revisit it.

I'm running CRT emudriver and I'd like to play with some other emulators - have you got any pointers to update this and try other emulators? Asking in case you have a brilliant link that will save me researching it.

ta
                    Pete

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                      Sounds like it's coming along nicely, just read the bit about using it with Mame and then you tried RetroArch and Switchres, which has got me curious...

I've just dug out my GroovyMame 74 bit Windows 7 PC with CRT emudriver with some frontend I don't remember - maybe Attract Mode, whatever it is - it's got a really dull theme on it and I'd like to revisit it.

I'm running CRT emudriver and I'd like to play with some other emulators - have you got any pointers to update this and try other emulators? Asking in case you have a brilliant link that will save me researching it.

ta
                      Pete
                      Drop me a message and I can explain exactly how to do it mate. I had to figure it out myself but can run anything on Retroarch now in correct res. I did make a video on this at one point when I make a console PC for a PVM will dig that out as well.

Comment

Quick update with some stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
                          Tube arrived today mate stupidly should have checked the size. The link is to the 45cm one, I need one double the length as assume the tube should go the whole length of the top strip?

Comment

The one in the link is the right one. I’ve got one in my Astro. The F15W. 45cm (it’s actually 438mm). Daylight brightness. Pop it in the cab - should be as good as stock. I can’t imagine fitting one double the size! This is where I got the info originally:

Comment

Originally posted by zipper View Post
                              The one in the link is the right one. I’ve got one in my Astro. The F15W. 45cm (it’s actually 438mm). Daylight brightness. Pop it in the cab - should be as good as stock. I can’t imagine fitting one double the size! This is where I got the info originally:
                              https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Fluorescent_tube
                              I have the exact one above. It's not even close to fitting :/ Take a look :

They make a 2ft tube, which would fit but is 18W. Is it an Astro or NAC you have?

Comment

Oh mate - I have a NAC. Ive only ever read that all Astros use F15W - as per that Arcade Otaku link. I’m sorry about the bum info.
                                Ive Googled about a bit and this thread : https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/wtb-a...stuff/113512/7
                                .. talks about this tube: https://www.lightbulbs.com/product/general-20110
                                Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X