0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wargroove

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    I like these types of games but the lack of upgrading your forces in this one put me off. I prefer Into the Breach.
    I don't really think Into the Breach is comparable. Beyond having grids they're completely different games with different systems and different goals. I mean, I agree that I prefer Into the Breach but I prefer Spelunky as well. I prefer FIFA to Madden. They're basically in different genres.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThere View Post
    Healing units is more complicated and capturing properties / bases is more complex as well. I think for the worse so far but it may play out in a more friendly way when I get a little further through.
    Capturing properties was really what screwed up the mission I lost at, and I haven't been back since. You basically need three units to do it, two to reduce its health and then one to capture it before the enemies turn where it can just take it right back. It's quite a big commitment when there's other stuff happening elsewhere on a map. Not sure how it differs from AW though if at all, I can't remember much of that game.

What I think I learned in my last mission (although only if I beat it next time will I be shown to be right) is that keeping control of buildings is essential but, if you try to keep control of all of them, you could spread yourself way too thin and lose them all. Once you have a building, you can surround it and guard it but that requires a commitment of men.

I beat that mission I lost last time (act 3, side mission 1). The big difference was knowing what was coming. In the first play, I was always reacting to new units getting dropped onto the map and so was always a step behind. Going in with a general sense of what I was going to face meant I was way better prepared and I had control the whole time,

I mentioned on the last page that the AI often likes to stay just out of range and I’m finding that’s something that can be exploited. If there is an area with very few ways through, like a small path or whatever, it’s possible to block it and hold the enemy at bay often without any conflict while you work on other areas of the map. In that mission I just did, three units effectively held the bottom right of the map for a large chunk of the battle and it was really handy. Every now and again they would edge forward and I’d step just out of range and instead of pushing forward again, they’d often just stay there or even sometimes move away again.

Sorry, slightly off-topic:

I've only just discovered that Fire Emblem is by the makers of Advance Wars and plays similar. I've added to be want list. I've started playing The Blazing Blade for GBA. So far, it's so good.

Quote Originally Posted by hudson View Post
    Sorry, slightly off-topic:
    I've only just discovered that Fire Emblem is by the makers of Advance Wars and plays similar. I've added to be want list. I've started playing The Blazing Blade for GBA. So far, it's so good.
    I'd say that Advance Wars and Fire Emblem play very differently, aside from being turn-based tactic games.

Sounds like a great patch is incoming: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._for_wargroove

We have checkpoints! And for me the best thing is an option to need to ‘confirm end turn’.

Took three tries to beat mission 3 of act 3 and I almost lost it the last time too. The first time, I just didn’t know what was coming. That seems to be part of the game - some missions need a first play just so you know what to expect. I came close on the second go but misjudged how resilient my commanders are. On the third, I reckon I played it really well but just a few turns from winning, the enemy changed tactic and I realised I had left one whole area exposed that could cost me the battle. It was nerve wracking.