Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    Sorry, slightly off-topic:
    I've only just discovered that Fire Emblem is by the makers of Advance Wars and plays similar. I've added to be want list. I've started playing The Blazing Blade for GBA. So far, it's so good.
    I'd say that Advance Wars and Fire Emblem play very differently, aside from being turn-based tactic games.

Comment

Sounds like a great patch is incoming: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._for_wargroove

We have checkpoints! And for me the best thing is an option to need to ‘confirm end turn’.

Comment

Took three tries to beat mission 3 of act 3 and I almost lost it the last time too. The first time, I just didn’t know what was coming. That seems to be part of the game - some missions need a first play just so you know what to expect. I came close on the second go but misjudged how resilient my commanders are. On the third, I reckon I played it really well but just a few turns from winning, the enemy changed tactic and I realised I had left one whole area exposed that could cost me the battle. It was nerve wracking.

Comment

I loved AW's & bought a clone on the PSP around 2007 called "Field Commander", similar game but without the charming, custesy art.

Comment

Yeah, field commander was quite boring.

The Age of Empires games on DS are excellent turn-based strategy games.

Comment

Coming to Game Pass in May. Looking forward to giving this a whirl.

Comment

Working...
              X