No announcement yet.

Dune: Part Two & Messiah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know about that. I can see it doing at least as well as John Carter of Mars or Tomorrowland or the Lone Ranger. I think the trick will be to spend as much as possible making the film. Whatever a reasonable budget would be? Triple it.

Comment

It's be worth it just to see if he makes something as visually eyeball-love making as Blade Runner 2049 was

Comment

Except I think part of the magic formula here is also to remove the director halfway through production and reshoot a massive amount of the movie. This strategy can’t fail.

Comment

It can... unless the adaptation ends with the characters performing a 20 minute set at Live Aid

Comment

One little bit of confusion in regard to filmmaker Denis Villeneuve’s currently shooting adaptation of Frank Herbert’s iconic sci-fi novel “Dune” has been that of its length. Specifically there’s been talk that, much like the recent adaptation of Stephen King’s “IT,” it is going to be spread across two separate films which won’t be shot […]

Things just got shakier. The adaptation of Dune that releases next year will be a Part One that adapts half of the book, a second film covering the second half of the film will then follow later. It's a fine enough plan if you make them back to back but at the moment it seems to be unknown if that will be what happens, otherwise there's the significant risk that the first part doesn't do well enough to warrant putting the second part into production.

Comment

First look at the logo

Comment

That's a nice logo.

Comment

The first photo from the film:

Comment

Chalamet is gorgeous.

He reminds me of the French exchange student in The Inbetweeners.

“Your mother is a sexual woman”

Comment

Both those pictures look great. Understated, but that's fine.

Comment

Trailer:

I'm honestly not that familiar with the property so this me speaking purely on a first viewing basis. It looks like it has all the smooth, classy filmmaking you'd expect from a Villeneuve film and I think many will adore it. But it reeks of being the type of film that would have tanked pre-COVID let alone now and the 'epic' last shot just made me think of the Tremors movies

Comment

It's a struggle watching scenes I'm so familiar with from The Lynch version recreated here with less flair.

Comment

Sweet Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              It's a struggle watching scenes I'm so familiar with from The Lynch version recreated here with less flair.
                              Yeah, I have no doubt that this will be really good and I’ll probably love it. But there isn’t anything in the design to come close to Lynch’s version. I do agree with NI that it looks like a film that, normally, would bomb. Or at least severely underperform even if those who liked it loved it.

But like I say, looking at this I reckon chances are that I’m going to love this.

Comment

Working...
                              X